Need tires for short city riding, rain or shine | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need tires for short city riding, rain or shine

HowToRide

Hi I live in Toronto and am still in highschool. I have just gotten a motorcycle, the ZX-6R (I used to ride dirtbikes in the past) and I need some suggestions for tires that will be good to ride everyday to school and back, which is about 7 miles away, and I need to be able to ride rain or shine.

I'm a fan of the Michelin Pilot Road's. The newer version (Pilot Road 4's) are excellent, but are a little more expensive than older versions if that matters. All versions are good for city riding, colder temps and rain.

any tire that is not worn out will be fine for riding 7 miles in Toronto in the rain

a highshool student with a SuperSport
that expresses distance in miles.....:confused:

any tire that is not worn out will be fine for riding 7 miles in Toronto in the rain

a highshool student with a SuperSport
that expresses distance in miles.....:confused:

^this

How about TKC 80's -
[video=youtube_share;ERSgFbURRNQ]http://youtu.be/ERSgFbURRNQ[/video]

How about TKC 80's -
[video=youtube_share;ERSgFbURRNQ]http://youtu.be/ERSgFbURRNQ[/video]

Ugly tires on an ugly bike. If he's in Toronto, street tires would be more efficient. I have the Michelin tires above, they're pretty good.

The stock tires were like riding on wet newspapers in the rain; you could do it, but it wasn't pleasant.

I've found Metzlers good in wet conditions. But nothing helps if you are riding wet streetcar tracks.

TKC 80s all wrong for the use tho decent tires I've heard.

+1 on the Michelin PR4s. On my Blackbird, they last 14-15,000 kms. Excellent performance in varied conditions.

I've loved my adventure oriented tires on my V-Stroms and my wife really felt good about her Michelin PR4's in the rain when she had her Gladius.

..Tom

You're in highschool riding a SS? You must be blessed by the insurance gods or independently wealthy.

I use these on my GSX-R 1000:

http://tinyurl.com/yccywo2k

Performance of a track tire, without wearing out or going square at < 5000 km's. Perfect balance for those who ride predominantly street and still want to tear up the corners on weekends.

You're in highschool riding a SS? You must be blessed by the insurance gods or independently wealthy.

That's what I was going to say - either that, or he bought the bike before calling for insurance quotes and doesn't realize the mistake he's made.

Shinkos indeed sticky and cheap/

x2, I can't begin to say how happy I am with my Shinko's. Sticky rain or shine (and I rode probably 5000KM in the freakin rain this summer, so I know LOL!) and they are wearing incredibly well - my front tire now has over 35,000KM on it since I put it on in the spring of 2016 and it's still easily got another 5000-1000KM left on it. I put a matching rear on this spring when it was due and it too has been problem free, and is also wearing exceptionally well.

My wifes bike will be getting a Shinko 777 on the front in the spring, she's due.

Given the stated conditions (short A to B city riding) buy the cheapest tires that will fit your rims.
However, if you decide to ride to Montreal and back one weekend don't be surprised if they are worn out when you get home.

Back
Top Bottom