Crashing bike at +280 km/h | GTAMotorcycle.com

Crashing bike at +280 km/h

I can't imagine that the guy that hit the car survived. He hit a car with close to 150 km/h closing speed, then got run over by his buddy who was going ~100km/h more than him at that point and behind that is a truck that can't do anything to avoid the mess. The second guy might be ok as his bike didn't seem to hit anything once it started sliding so hopefully the rider got to slide along with it.

In the comments, you can find a link to an aftermath video. Not a pretty sight...

In the comments, you can find a link to an aftermath video. Not a pretty sight...

Ugh, that's pretty much what I expected.

In the comments, they say the camera rider survived. From the video showing injuries it is beyond obvious the first rider felt no pain.

EDIT:
Just in case FLSTC's post didn't make it crystal clear. The aftermath of this crash is about as bad as it can possibly get. Viewer discretion is advised.

Super NSFW disturbing video.
http://www.miscopy.com/2415/traffic/aftermath-fatal-speed-motorcycle-accident-turkey/

Last edited:
Yeah, that was graphic. I thought that the dismembered body was that of the second rider (i.e. the one whose bike-video we saw).

Just out of curiosity, if that were to happen in Ontario (i.e. video put up of +280 km/h) and the person survived but caused major accident, loss of life, what would they be looking at, in terms of charges?

Yeah, that was graphic. I thought that the dismembered body was that of the second rider (i.e. the one whose bike-video we saw).

Just out of curiosity, if that were to happen in Ontario (i.e. video put up of +280 km/h) and the person survived but caused major accident, loss of life, what would they be looking at, in terms of charges?

As a start, dangerous driving (a criminal charge) and HTA 172 (street racing). Tacking on more charges if you caused injury or death.

Edit:

Given the trajectory of the guy that hit the car, the aftermath should be the first rider that crashed as the scene is perpendicular to the road. Debris from the second rider crashing should be mostly parallel to the road.

Last edited:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a life.

As a start, dangerous driving (a criminal charge) and HTA 172 (street racing). Tacking on more charges if you caused injury or death.

Edit:

Given the trajectory of the guy that hit the car, the aftermath should be the first rider that crashed as the scene is perpendicular to the road. Debris from the second rider crashing should be mostly parallel to the road.

Hey GreyGhost, thank you for answering my queries. And I think you're right about whose body that was, I think it was the first guy. Anyway, videos like these are the reason why I keep delaying in buying a bike (even though I can well afford it). :(

I know from bailing off a sled on an icy road that at 140km/h, I slid ~200' before coming to a stop. With leather on asphalt giving you more friction but doubled speed, I would guess something like 400' or more.
280 km/h is 78 m/s. Given that the video shows the bike sliding for at least 11 seconds and assuming the rate of deceleration was constant, that's at least 429 meters of sliding.

Hey GreyGhost, thank you for answering my queries. And I think you're right about whose body that was, I think it was the first guy. Anyway, videos like these are the reason why I keep delaying in buying a bike (even though I can well afford it). :(

Well this particular scenario is relatively easy to avoid. Don't have 200 km/h closing speeds on traffic and your chance of survival climbs quite dramatically.

We've all gone quickly on public roads (probably most of us with much less traffic than those guys had) and most of us have been lucky not to tangle with big metal objects while at speed.

There was a video of a GTAM member (Newman?) jumping off his bike at roughly the same speed while on the track and IIRC he was in decent shape after.

Buy the bike, have fun. (Standard disclaimer applies, you will be safer and learn faster if you buy a smaller slower bike to learn with and then upgrade to something that is oh s#!t fast after years and many km's).

Last edited:
A few years back there was an article about a young lady that went of the back of her BF's bike at some crazy speed. She slid about the length of two football fields. No gear, just a helmet. She lived but lost chunks of flesh.

videos like these are the reason why I keep delaying in buying a bike (even though I can well afford it). :(

Don't ride like a goon and your odds of crashing at 280 KM/H are exactly zero.

Don't ride like a goon and your odds of crashing at 280 KM/H are exactly zero.
Exactly. Accidents like this don't even cross my mind when I'm riding.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Ugh, that's pretty much what I expected.

In the comments, they say the camera rider survived. From the video showing injuries it is beyond obvious the first rider felt no pain.

EDIT:
Just in case FLSTC's post didn't make it crystal clear. The aftermath of this crash is about as bad as it can possibly get. Viewer discretion is advised.

Super NSFW disturbing video.
http://www.miscopy.com/2415/traffic/aftermath-fatal-speed-motorcycle-accident-turkey/
Wow. I made it maybe 3 seconds in and done. Should have heeded the warning.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. We all know what the game is and the risks that are involved. Everyone plays that game at some time or another, be it late at night after a few beers or on a secluded highway. But there are some guys who just can't stop playing. No matter, it's your life and you're free to lose it.

Not being a first responder I wouldn't know from pictures if it was staged.

considering how far the body bit's probably travelled they already lost most of the blood so that's why theirs no pools where they stopped

There was a video of a GTAM member (Newman?) jumping off his bike at roughly the same speed while on the track and IIRC he was in decent shape after.
Not me. Probably thinking of Dricked's crash on the back straight at Mosport. He was able to walk away(although not unscathed) but he was lucky it was not worse.

I try and keep my crashing to <150km/h :cool:

Back
Top Bottom