Trail Tours- Ganaraska- Newb review | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trail Tours- Ganaraska- Newb review

18Hunt

After some helpful recommendations on here, I headed out to Trail Tours to get my first experience off the pavement. I’m a new rider- 300 or so kms of city riding.

Spoke to Steve (owner) a few times this week, and after a couple false starts with my schedule, Steve was able to accommodate me last minute this morning.

I was met by a young dude- Ty - who took me out and showed me the ropes. I had a great time! It was pretty wet out, and I was pretty sloppy, but I definitely learned a bunch and built my confidence. I will definitely take some of what Ty showed me back to the street.

Highly recommend for anyone just atarting out. Professional, progressively challenging- great pacing, and a **** ton of fun!

i bought a small inexpensive street bike when I got my license. I can now confirm my next bike will be a dual sport of some sort

thanks Steve and Ty!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Ty is a great guy and a very talented rider. I rode with him at the Chris Birch training back in June.

Yep. Been doing Trail Tours once a year over the past few years.. got myself my own ride now, its fun being a noob at this :)

After some helpful recommendations on here, I headed out to Trail Tours to get my first experience off the pavement. I’m a new rider- 300 or so kms of city riding.

Spoke to Steve (owner) a few times this week, and after a couple false starts with my schedule, Steve was able to accommodate me last minute this morning.

I was met by a young dude- Ty - who took me out and showed me the ropes. I had a great time! It was pretty wet out, and I was pretty sloppy, but I definitely learned a bunch and built my confidence. I will definitely take some of what Ty showed me back to the street.

Highly recommend for anyone just atarting out. Professional, progressively challenging- great pacing, and a **** ton of fun!

i bought a small inexpensive street bike when I got my license. I can now confirm my next bike will be a dual sport of some sort

thanks Steve and Ty!
or supermoto :D

especially for city riding

Or a straight up dirt bike... No compromises.

exactly.. I was initially looking at a WR250R/x with the thought of "Dual Sporting" or "ADV riding" it, but its a lot of hassle plus as soon as you add Road to your insurance, it goes up.. figured I'd go with the "WR F" instead. Have a street bike for street riding, but that will be coming to an end.

Great bike! Bulletproof and low-maintenance!

yeah, its taking a good beating.. and I'm getting a good workout picking it up.. that's when you appreciate the lighter bike's for sure :)

And then you go and end up with 2T shortly after .... we all learn by mistakes .... :)

2T is not for everyone. The weight is nice but the high-intensity whining engine isn't always fun on a lazy, scenic ride. I rented one in BC thinking exactly along the lines you suggested and found that it really didn't add much to the experience except for serious noise pollution and anxious wrist feeling.. Sometimes the lazy grunt of a 4T is much more relaxing and pleasurable to they hyperactive nature of riding a 2t. I can see how on a track or hare scramble 2T would be preferred however...

PS: Trail Tours is an awesome outfit. They also allow you to take your bike in if you want some feedback/instruction whilst riding your own machine...

For the track a 4 stroke is better, for the trails a 2 stroke IMO way better, many articles etc on it. 2 stroke is not for everyone, 4 stroke neither, it really depends on what kind of rider you are. I have done both on trails and by far the 2 stroke.

Find what you like and ride it.

2T is not for everyone. The weight is nice but the high-intensity whining engine isn't always fun on a lazy, scenic ride. I rented one in BC thinking exactly along the lines you suggested and found that it really didn't add much to the experience except for serious noise pollution and anxious wrist feeling.. Sometimes the lazy grunt of a 4T is much more relaxing and pleasurable to they hyperactive nature of riding a 2t. I can see how on a track or hare scramble 2T would be preferred however...

PS: Trail Tours is an awesome outfit. They also allow you to take your bike in if you want some feedback/instruction whilst riding your own machine...

For a long time I wanted to take the Trail Tours course for a day, but then I decided I'll save myself the $260 and just buy a dirt bike instead.

You can not beat Ganny for a full day of riding dirt bikes.

Yeah, 2T's don't like to sit at steady RPMs. It's not comfortable for man or machine. However, that doesn't mean it's full throttle or zero throttle either. If I'm on a long road section on my 2T I'll oscillate between slightly on and slightly off the throttle. I agree with you, 2T is not a good machine for cruising, or dual sporting with mostly road.

For the track a 4 stroke is better, for the trails a 2 stroke IMO way better, many articles etc on it. 2 stroke is not for everyone, 4 stroke neither, it really depends on what kind of rider you are. I have done both on trails and by far the 2 stroke. Find what you like and ride it.

I would echo all of that. 4T is easy to ride and has power everywhere. It makes it easy to ride on an MX track. It's easy to tell that 2T is better for hard enduro, just look at the bikes the pros ride. Most are on 2T's the last time I looked.

For a long time I wanted to take the Trail Tours course for a day, but then I decided I'll save myself the $260 and just buy a dirt bike instead. You can not beat Ganny for a full day of riding dirt bikes.

You were lucky to start dirt riding at Ganny with me, your trail guide. haha.. :)

Touring on a Dirtbike? Nope!

I don't know who picked up 'touring' :) ....but I was referring to all-day riding scenic yet challenging trails like (anywhere in) Mojave, BC's mountainous interior and Death Valley... For a few hours of blasting around enclosed forest tracts, I can see the appeal (except you will likely be breaking the speed limit in the Ganny) of the peppy 2T though..

You were lucky to start dirt riding at Ganny with me, your trail guide. haha.. :)
Next year I am going to spend most of my time up in the P6 riding area where you guys ride.... I need to learn that area up there, I know my way around the south part now

For the track a 4 stroke is better, for the trails a 2 stroke IMO way better, many articles etc on it. 2 stroke is not for everyone, 4 stroke neither, it really depends on what kind of rider you are. I have done both on trails and by far the 2 stroke.

Find what you like and ride it.

I used to think this until I picked up a new 350. Damn this thing is like cheating. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I don't know who picked up 'touring' :) ....but I was referring to all-day riding scenic yet challenging trails like (anywhere in) Mojave, BC's mountainous interior and Death Valley... For a few hours of blasting around enclosed forest tracts, I can see the appeal (except you will likely be breaking the speed limit in the Ganny) of the peppy 2T though..

Sorry, the lazy scenic ride is what I picked up as touring. I’d have no idea if I was speeding, no spedometer. Never seen seen anyone enforcing the speed limit either, maybe one day, been over 20 years now so...

You can lazily ride a 2s, it just needs to have a big enough displacement. Trying to ride a yz80 calmly just doesn’t work.

Back
Top Bottom