Yamaha Niken? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Niken?

Mentioned it in..Z900RS thread
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?203640-What-do-we-think-of-the-new-Z900RS/page2

2018_YAM_MXT850_EU_DNMG_ACT_001_03.jpg

not for me. Don't see any benefit to it.

From the article OP posted.."And, I know for an absolute fact, the Yamaha Niken won’t have a kickstand." ....I see one in the pic above.

Last edited:
I concur. Don't think it's that different. There are trikes like this out there already. This one is just more sporty.

The only similar thing I can think of is the can am... I think this could be a good thing for people with disabilities. Difference with this and the can am is that you can lean into corners

The only similar thing I can think of is the can am... I think this could be a good thing for people with disabilities. Difference with this and the can am is that you can lean into corners

Piaggio Mp3, it might be a scooter but it looks better than that yamaha.
piaggio-mp3-250-black-2012-2.jpg

Last edited:
Piaggio Mp3, it might be a scooter but it looks better than that yamaha.....]

Well, that's subjective. I like the look of the Niken more than the MP3, it's just not practical in my eyes. As already stated, twice the maintenance, cost, etc of the front end.

Twice the forks to service twice the brakes, extra tire, a big Nope for me.
Completely agree on all points...

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Don't forget the weight. All that extra suspension and linkage piles on the kilos. Bring us the SR400 instead. It's all I need at this point and appeals to my inner Japanese hipster/secretary.

Last edited:
It's a better alternative for those that need 3 wheels and don't have to compromise the motorcycle experience as much going to a trike or Spyder.

Let's face it, most go for 3 wheels do so because they need to. Still want the wind in their face, straddle a seat and hang onto a handle bar. There are a few exceptions of course.

It wouldn't be on my radar but, neither is a trike or Spyder.

Twice the forks to service twice the brakes, extra tire, a big Nope for me.

Not twice the brakes. Still just 2 discs up front. It's not for me, but it would be interesting to see stopping distance on this pig compared to a conventional bike. It should do quite well with a larger contact patch spread across two tires (so hopefully at least one has good traction). I hope to god they put 3 channel ABS on that thing. If they just put two, they should all be fired.

That Yamaha monstrosity's been around for over a year now.

The Piaggio MP3 (250, 400 and 500) is the same idea. I ride with a woman who has both a 250 and 400 MP3; she loves them and she also rides a Honda Shadow.

That Yamaha monstrosity's been around for over a year now.

The Piaggio MP3 (250, 400 and 500) is the same idea. I ride with a woman who has both a 250 and 400 MP3; she loves them and she also rides a Honda Shadow.

I didn't realize that there were than many different engines in the MP3. Why would someone want more than one of them? They must be similar. I would ask the same thing of someone that had a 250 and 400 ninja.

I didn't realize that there were than many different engines in the MP3. Why would someone want more than one of them? They must be similar. I would ask the same thing of someone that had a 250 and 400 ninja.

The 400 which she recently bought, is an upgrade from the 250 which she plans on selling next spring. I think she just likes having 3 bikes in her garage!

Where does all the R&D money come from for stuff like this? It's amazing how much money the Japs have for it.

That thing looks like it would tramline like crazy! What would be the comfortable and safe line/track?

Back
Top Bottom