Morneau fined for conflict of interest | GTAMotorcycle.com

Morneau fined for conflict of interest

Someone else will surely correct me, but it seems like this is a fine for a paperwork violation and not that there was actually a conflict of interest. I think the upper limit for this penalty under the act is $500

I'm not saying Morneau is absolved

His shares in MS have appreciated by millions since he became finance minister. Even now he is playing games and saying he will sell his shares and donate the cash. That doesn't make sense. My guess is he will sell the shares to kill the probe and not get around to making a donation.

or do some creative book keeping to minimize the donation and then reap the tax benefits of making a donation.

http://torontosun.com/news/national/morneau-fined-under-conflict-of-interest-act

$200.... Lol probably raked so much more because of the conflict. Of course liberals don't see any conflict. We need to get rid of these yahoos and rein in government spending. Privatize more and balance our budget.

These clowns are so out of touch it's not even funny anymore.

http://www.firemorneau.com/

Replace with what party?

The Cons ran up huge deficits including >$30B deficits with oil well north of $100 a barrel, a $55.6B deficit one year which is still the record. They took power after multiple years of balanced budgets (previous guys, even through recessions) and turned that into a >25% increase in our national debt in just 10 years! Yes there was a recession but that does explain how they blew all that money. Of course he had that last "balanced" budget by selling GM stock (I believe at a loss) and pulling $1B away from our veterans. Complete and utter incompetence, never mind trying to cover up Duffy's theft of the taxpayers money... One guy, over a quarter of all our national debt in just 10 years when he was done at the trough--lets not forget or whitewash that (regardless of how bad the current guys are). So, I can't imagine anyone who cares about spending and balanced budgets wants to go back to that???

So are you suggesting we give the NDP a shot? That is bold.

So those liberals who went to court... Are they in jail yet?

Back
Top Bottom