It's a crappy idea but someone had to come up with it. | GTAMotorcycle.com

It's a crappy idea but someone had to come up with it.

nobbie48

Site Supporter
I like to put my gloves, do rag etc in the helmet and put it upside down on a shelf but it rolls around and gets scuffed. So I went to Home Depot, bought a foam toilet bowl gasket, put it on the shelf and it keeps the helmet upright and scuff free.

Don't use a wax one and don't use a used one. Whatever you do don't use a used wax one.

I do all that but hang it on the bars or in the helmet bag. My garage is too damn dusty to leave it upside down.
But thanks for the chuckle at the end ☺

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I don't do that after I saw one fellow have a fungus spreading from his wet gloves into his helmet.

My helmets and gloves, etc get stored inside separately. Helmet is on a open closet shelf right side up with the visor open. Unless it's wet, then it gets wiped down and let air dry before being put on the shelf. Wet gloves get hung in the laundry room to air dry before storage with the rest of the gloves.

My helmets and gloves, etc get stored inside separately. Helmet is on a open closet shelf right side up with the visor open.

^ this.

I've never ever kept my helmet upside-down for the exact reasons the OP mentioned - rolls around, scuffs the shell.

On a ride, helmet gets locked to the seat (right-side up), or for short stops, it'll get hung on the mirror, hung on the footpeg. In rare instances, I'll set it on the asphalt, but right-side up.

Back
Top Bottom