2018 Honda Goldwing | GTAMotorcycle.com

2018 Honda Goldwing

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Anyone consider this now that Honda has made a really serious attempt to address some of the issues with the previous design?The price is probably way out of my range.But the technology is great.
[video=youtube;hrKT9QE91Nw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrKT9QE91Nw[/video]

the price concerns me less than the 800 lbs wet weight , but i have yet to test ride one, perhaps I will end up liking it

Curious to see impressions of that front end

I found last year’s Goldwing to be very different from the the late ‘70’s originals.
It was almost like driving a Cadillac.

the engineering and quality look great and I'm sure it a terrific ride. I haven't owned a GW since the 80's and they were awesome then, and just get better.
I do struggle with the styling, Hondas approach to very angular details aren't to my liking.

It's funny reading on the goldwing forums some of the comments and reactions.Nobody has even ridden one yet and some are complaining about the size of the gas tank,no android support and reduced wind protection.Some have even whined that there won't be a cartire size to fit it.Ugghh.

It's funny reading on the goldwing forums some of the comments and reactions.Nobody has even ridden one yet and some are complaining about the size of the gas tank,no android support and reduced wind protection.Some have even whined that there won't be a cartire size to fit it.Ugghh.

I have already got the impression that Honda absolutely designed this with the present Goldwing enthusiast in mind, they will come around. It can be a little scary when things change after 16 years

Lighter, more power, improved ergos, updated front suspension, updated tech.

Would like to know Canadian pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lighter, more power, improved ergos, updated front suspension, updated tech.

Would like to know Canadian pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Per the Honda Ca site it starts at $26,999 for the base model and tops at $34,599. Allow for some prep and dealer BS plus the 13%.

That doesn't sound a whole lot different from the outgoing model ... and it sure looks like a lot of tech for the price.

The US base model with no top box is $23,500 USD = 30,138 CDN. The Canadian price is 26,999. ????

The typical Wing with top box is $26700 USD = $34242 CDN. Canadian list is $30799. ????

The Honda US vs Canadian prices used to make it so much the other way and US Honda dealers were banned from selling to Canadians.

Am I missing something?

Fell in love with the prev F6B (if I have the model right)...but because of the bike's width, my stubby legs left me tip toeing. Now I know that many people say "so what", but with 800+lbs and my knees, I want all the stability I can get.
Still on my list of must buys when I hit the lotto.
Now just to get Android Auto on it....

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

The last generation Honda engineered the life out of the bike . They made them into appliances . I hope with the new weight loss an suspension work . It will feel like a bike not a couch .

I think it looks pretty damn good. I've thought for a while that my next bike might be a wing, and the 2018 might accelerate that.
I've never ridden one, but losing a huge amount of weight sounds like a good thing, my 600 lb bike is kind of heavy, but the last
years goldwing was north of 900, kind of intimidating. Removable rear storage also, I like that option, I wouldnt need it all the time.

Any news on the new Valkyrie yet? The Goldwing F6C? I considered that when shopping around a couple of years back but no engine sound like a V-twin can provide so lacking in that area for me, although that engine is amazing ... Smooth like a turbine from what I've read and very torquey.

I think it looks pretty damn good. I've thought for a while that my next bike might be a wing, and the 2018 might accelerate that.
I've never ridden one, but losing a huge amount of weight sounds like a good thing, my 600 lb bike is kind of heavy, but the last
years goldwing was north of 900, kind of intimidating. Removable rear storage also, I like that option, I wouldnt need it all the time.

I have a 1500 and had a chance to sit on but not ride an old 1000. The 1000 felt like a motorcycle not a forklift.

Bravo Honda!
The GW has been so successful they have not had to change it in 16 years,however with the competition specifically the K1000 GTL has forced Honda to give the GW a quantum leap to catch up .

The BMW inspired front suspension and tech should make a significant change to a heavy bike as will the dynamic suspension.

They will attract a younger buyer with the slimmer and more tech equipped GW but may offend the existing owners with the luggage capacity reduction of almost 30 percent. However, many wing owners tow a trailer so that may not be an issue.

Hopefully, a slimed down ST1300 is not too far behind.

Last edited:
The last generation Honda engineered the life out of the bike . They made them into appliances . I hope with the new weight loss an suspension work . It will feel like a bike not a couch .

The near-electric smoothness and quietness is a Gold Wing feature, and given that it is maintaining the flat-6 configuration (which is about the most vibration-free engine configuration that you can have) I wouldn't expect this to change. If you want something that rips and snorts and shakes a little, you'll be shopping elsewhere ... this won't change.

Any news on the new Valkyrie yet? The Goldwing F6C? I considered that when shopping around a couple of years back but no engine sound like a V-twin can provide so lacking in that area for me, although that engine is amazing ... Smooth like a turbine from what I've read and very torquey.

They've changed the naming a bit. The regular non-top-box model is now simply called the Gold Wing. I'm sure they will be coming up with more variations in future model years ...

Back
Top Bottom