Angel GT vs PR4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Angel GT vs PR4

CageyB

Site Supporter
So, besides the stock Dunslop donuts that came with the bike, I've had every iteration of the Pilot Road since the 2, and it was always better. I haven't tried the Angels yet, so I'm curious. Most of my riding is commuting, rain or shine, with an occasional hoon thrown in the mix.

Anybody who's gone through a full set of the GTs: how exactly do they feel in the rain, and is squaring off on long straight slab rides as bad as reviews say?

Also, who has the best deals for them right now? It seems Pete's isn't the cheapest option anymore.

had a pair of Angel ST's on my last bike
super steady in the rain and all other conditions
bike seemed to turn in just right, very confidence inspiring
2CT and the rear seemed to be pretty good at keeping it's shape
sold that bike with around 8,000 km on those tires
rear was at around 50% left, front was around 70%

I've gone through at least 5 sets of GT's but only a couple thousand km in rain. Can't say I had any issues on wet roads, didn't notice anything really. My riding is a good amount on roads with curves, so I've never had a problem with a flattened tread profile, I usually get 15k on a set.

Last edited:
Look at Metzler's Roadtec 01.

Hmm... Interesting. A little googling tells me that the best ST tire is between the Roadtec 01 and the Conti Road Attack 3, with the Angel GT in a close third, which wasn't coming up before.

I have a different decision to make now.

Quite frankly, they are all great options and whatever you choose you're gonna be happy with. Over last winter I went back and forth on tire options. I basically just commute in dry weather only. Don't have time to do much of any fun riding and definitely not time for any longer day rides on weekends, etc.. I still chose the S21 tires (full street sport) and I'm thrilled. Very sticky and that triple compound seems to be working for the center not squaring off.

I also look at my riding in how it translates to tire life. On the stock tires I got 20,000kms, while others got much less so I took that into account to figure I wouldn't be blowing through a sport tire in a season.

Back
Top Bottom