Insurance cost has gone crazy, What insurance co is fair $$ for large cc "R" bikes?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance cost has gone crazy, What insurance co is fair $$ for large cc "R" bikes??

TorontoBusa

Insurance cost has gone crazy, What insurance co is fair $$ for large cc "R" bikes??

Last year Certas (Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance ) took over State Farm, and since then the cost of my insurance has gone up huge.

Called around, and because I have over 1000 cc and there is the letter "R" in the model, many companies won't even insure it...

Who has reasonable insurance for the over 1000 cc ???

Re: Insurance cost has gone crazy, What insurance co is fair $$ for large cc "R" bik

I'm with cooperators, my insurance is reasonable and it actually went down this year. I doubt they will insure just a bike though, I have everything with them and been a customer since 1982. Shop around and check the insurance forum.

Re: Insurance cost has gone crazy, What insurance co is fair $$ for large cc "R" bik

Allstate if you bundle up

Try csouth@surnet.net Chris South ....but big savings with bundling.

My CBF1000 is $840 before bundling ...20% off with bundling and with 2 bikes that's good savings.

The R might make a difference but Chris is very knowledgeable.

My CBF1000 is $840 before bundling ...20% off with bundling and with 2 bikes that's good savings.

The R is whats going to kill him.

I find that pretty pricey... I'm less than 100/year more on a Tuono Factory with TD MM.

TDMM had my Dorso and VFR always around 500/year. When I sold the Dorso I had just dipped below 500/year.

there is a forum heading-"insurance". perhaps you will find some keeners by posting there?

Why would you buy a hayabusa and still expect reasonable insurance? In Ontario of all places?

Why would you buy a hayabusa and still expect reasonable insurance? In Ontario of all places?
this...

but to be fair someone who was given a rate 3 months ago is going to be different from someone who got a rate last week. rates go up, down..rarely stay the same.

I find that pretty pricey... I'm less than 100/year more on a Tuono Factory with TD MM.

If they are classed the same as liter 4 cylinder so what :rolleyes: if they aren't classed as SS then prices are just CC based. ....TD MM went up like crazy so I switched.....

My cost bundled is $670

They are in same blacklisted category as SS bikes, with legendary reputation for crashing at 300 km/h and wiping out entire villages :rolleyes:

If they are blacklisted then how are they getting insured ...

If they are blacklisted then how are they getting insured ...

Afaik there is no real blacklist (where insurance is impossible). More like a dark grey list where they price to the moon to try to balance out the expected downside.

It's one or the other ...if the insurance is low it's not priced to the moon and is just cc based. TANSTAAFL

Is previously insured by State Farm, they are now owned by Desjardins and answer to a new mothership. So, there has been some significant changes to their underwriting of renewals to get things more profitable. Some win, some lose.

But they are not the only game in town so, shop around.

If they are classed the same as liter 4 cylinder so what :rolleyes: if they aren't classed as SS then prices are just CC based. ....TD MM went up like crazy so I switched.....

My cost bundled is $670

TANSTFL CC TD MM ? englis my friend

They are in same blacklisted category as SS bikes, with legendary reputation for crashing at 300 km/h and wiping out entire villages :rolleyes:

whole village ? c'mon now it was only a nieghbourhood lol
talked to a busa guy in his ~early 30's at a gas station..one minor speeding and was paying $3500/yr - holy crap batman, I would take it off the road and use it for 1/4 mile racing only. yee ha.

You could always go with a Triumph 675 Street Triple "R" or even better a 1050 Speed Triple "R". Insurance on them are dirty cheap for the power it has in comparison to your typical SS. I know these bikes aren't a SS, but I tested a 2015 Street3 and the thing was beast. Lotta low end torque, nimble handling like a smaller bike, but it doesn't reach the high speeds of 600SS+ (if that's the kind riding your into).

Last edited:

Sadly, maybe "reasonable" insurance on high cc sport bikes is many thousands per year and they had the equation wrong before. Insurance companies know the amount they have collected and paid out for each class of bike, only someone with access to the data could determine what is actually fair and reasonable. There is no vast conspiracy here, just a bit of math with a relatively small data set.

You could always go with a Triumph 675 Street Triple "R" or even better a 1050 Speed Triple "R". Insurance on them are dirty cheap for the power it has in comparison to your typical SS. I know these bikes aren't a SS, but I tested a 2015 Street3 and the thing was beast. Lotta low end torque, nimble handling like a smaller bike, but it doesn't reach the high speeds of 600SS+ (if that's the kind riding your into).

the street triple R is a supersport... just a naked one. I own a 2016 myself and good luck insuring them. insurance knows about the loophole. I ride with r6s and cbr600rrs and zx6r and keep up every situation. they just have a little bit more top speed mine is governed at around 255-260kmh. I race my buddy on his 2009 gsx-r600 and leave him everytime. the only bike that will pull away is the r6. at speeds of 0-200kmh they are all very similar except the gixxer which Is terribly slow

Back
Top Bottom