Parking tickets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking tickets

Synkronized1

I know this is a bit of a grey area. I spoke to a meter maid a few weeks ago and he said they don't ticket motorcycles as long as you're parked in a proper parking area during the legal time periods. Great! Yesterday I was legally parked on Queen, along with other cars, and came back to a parking ticket. Is the rule up to the discretion of the parking patrol or can I fight this? With the advent of the greenP app I imagine the days of bikes parking for free is coming to an end (or as it appear, has come to an end). What's your experience? I haven't been able to get a firm answer from anyone at the city on this either. I know this has been discussed before but the rules seem to change by the day.

What does the parking ticket say? I suspect you were parked during the exclusion times (4pm-6pm IIRC...) Motorcycles only get an exemption from having to pay at the Green P street parking 'pay & display'. Subject to all the other rules - especially the no parking during rush hours on the main streets. If this was the case, lucky you didn't get towed - that's a cash cow for the tow operators...

Free on street GreenP pay & display during allowed hours.

If you're in that allowed timeframe, you fight it.

An excellent example of far too little information to reach a conclusion.
What was the offence on the ticket This is the only way to determine if you should fight it.
If the offence was not displaying a receipt then motorcycles are exempt.
But if you were parked too close to a hydrant or too close to an intersection or too close to a driveway or in a prohibited area or more than a dozen other offences than you are not exempt.
When you tell us the offence on the ticket, we will be in a position to advice you.

Was your tire chalked. Even if you obey the rest of the rules (rush hour, fire hydrant, etc), if there's a time limit and you're there all day, technically you could be ticketed. The reality is that this almost never happens as Green Hornets don't want to bother, but if you get some di** who's having a bad day, then yeah, they could ticket you.

It is illegal to park anywhere in Toronto longer than 3 hours.
It is only enforced when there is a complaint and the complaint must be made by a person who lives on that street.
Signed one and two hour parking does not require a complaint.

Back
Top Bottom