What is Sexual Assault? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is Sexual Assault?

Clem

I'm old and haven't had to date anyone in 25 years, and I may be a little out of touch with the world so forgive me.

I've been following the Harvey Weinstein story and was wondering what the definition is today.

Clearly there are allegations of non consensual penetration which is out and out rape, but there also seem to be instances were he asked for either sex or a massage and the women said no and walked away. Is asking sexual assault?

I asked my admin if he went on a date and the guy asked for sex would he be offended. He said he would be offended if he didn't... LOL

The court case today where the cop was acquitted of two charges of sexual assault - in the one instance, he was accused of putting his hand on a lady's thigh.

In 2017, impure thoughts constitute sexual assault. Being white constitutes racism, being male constitutes rape, being straight constitutes bigotry.

Clearly there are allegations of non consensual penetration which is out and out rape, but there also seem to be instances were he asked for either sex or a massage and the women said no and walked away. Is asking sexual assault?
It seems that by definition it would be sexual harassment if he was implying that favours would be granted via his power or authority if the acts were performed. I recall that sexual harassment is an umbrella term used to describe all types of instances, from mild to severe and from words to actions - so it would include sexual assault (which involves physical contact). Another important underlying issue is whether the perpetrator knows or ought to know that their words or actions are unwelcome or inappropriate. Another important factor is the context of where the incident takes place (work, social setting, date, etc).

So while there may be some clearly defined areas of sexual harassment, it's up to the courts to interpret the more grey area type incidents.

It all depends.

Cool young dude tells babe she looks nice and she blushes and smiles.

Old guy says the same thing and she charges him with sexual harassment.

Compliments put you on thin ice. Young Gloria Steinem was pretty and some journalist told her so. Her reply was basically that he had no right to judge her appearance.

It depends where. In Europe cheek kissing is OK, any gender mix. Here I wouldn't make any physical contact outside of a handshake.

No hugs, pats on shoulders etc. For some reason it's OK in football.

By that rule if the Leafs win the Stanley Cup anyone in Toronto can hug anyone else.

Looking (Leering) is harassment. A gaze of more than one second gets risky.

The status can change after the fact if someone later recants their permission because of expectation disappointments.

The mentioning of any body part is high risk. You might get away with complimenting someone's smile but if you say "Lips" go directly to jail.

Silence can mean consent or frozen in panic.

Sometimes it isn't easy. I once had to meet a female property manager and when I went into her office she was wearing a cocktail dress that was like a miniskirt with suspenders. I just about pulled my eye muscles to keep looking at her face.

If a person dresses to be attractive one would think they would enjoy the attention. However they only want to attract certain individuals or types. Finding out if you are on their list is the hard part.

Women get more judged on that stuff more than men but some people don't understand dress code.

Good luck OP.

I 'erd it's sexual harassment for just hitting on a girl. Plus remember that girl from New York? She said she got harrassed by just someone saying "good morning". Crazies come in all genders.

I 'erd it's sexual harassment for just hitting on a girl. Plus remember that girl from New York? She said she got harrassed by just someone saying "good morning". Crazies come in all genders.

more irony than a bucket full of nails.

In practice, the definition and consequences change radically depending on your gender.

If youre a male, anything and everything can be considered sexual assault. Even a flirty passive comment. And it can cost you your job, reputation and family/friends. Even if there are no evidence against you. As a man, when it comes to sexual assault accusations, you're pretty much guilty until proven innocent. Look up Title IX.

But If you're a female, even straight up rape of a minor, proven by hard evidence will get you a slap on the wrist at most. Hence the rise of countless female teachers sexually abusing their students and constantly avoiding even short jail terms.

LOL, are you calling me stupid because I dont have a daughter and flirt with pretty girls? You may be right tho :)

nahhh, not calling anyone stupid
but you see these things a little differently when they happen to your own daughter
like when shortly after puberty you see middle aged men eye-fokking them in public

nahhh, not calling anyone stupid
but you see these things a little differently when they happen to your own daughter
like when shortly after puberty you see middle aged men eye-fokking them in public
And how exactly does one come about having a daughter, I'm assuming if you have one, then you must have ****ed somebody else's daughter, no?

Lolz

And how exactly does one come about having a daughter, I'm assuming if you have one, then you must have ****ed somebody else's daughter, no?

I did unspeakable things with that girl that was my FIL's daughter
guilty as charged

Back
Top Bottom