What do we think of the new Z900RS? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What do we think of the new Z900RS?

"I would have trouble spending 10K+ on one when you can pick up the original for ~10% of that."

Show me where I can p/u an original Z-1 for $1000 and I will buy it.

Yeah, looks pretty nice.

Less power than the original? How is that even possible?

Looks like a decent retro bike (and the bug green colour is a nice option). I would have trouble spending 10K+ on one when you can pick up the original for ~10% of that.

It makes a lot more power than the original....it makes less than the current Z900. And yes the green is what i would go for too.

Between the Honda and Kawi, it’s a tough choice.

Would have to give them both a demo to see how they differ in ride.

Either one is right up my ally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Love the looks. But then I loved the XSR900 in pics and was pretty underwhelmed when I rode it.

I reckon a test ride is in order.

[video=youtube;RO2vSMM9SN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO2vSMM9SN8&feature=share[/video]

Last edited:
Between the Honda and Kawi, it’s a tough choice.

Would have to give them both a demo to see how they differ in ride.

Either one is right up my ally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what honda? The only honda to be released recently is the goldwing

it makes 20 less hp, has worse suspension, and no TC

Also costs 3 grand more

They not in the same class.

If the z900Rs is anything like the z900 i've ridden, the engine will be awesome

Kinda nice look

Kawasaki%20Z900RS_7.jpg

Not usually into all black bikes but it fits this.

The tuning for low end power is the same thing Honda did with my CBF1000 and the easy torque on an inline four is a treat.
They took the FIreblade motor with 160 HP down to 110 or so but big change in the torque curve makes it very easy to ride without thrashing through the gears.

473 lb for the Z..okay for a sizeable inline 4.

Should be fun to ride and a nice feature with the traction control.

Last edited:
As somebody that used to ride a 1973 Z 900 , this looks really nice. I could see one in my garage.

the senior mechanic where I worked had one I could take at lunch if I bought him a cheeseburger, I havent spent as much on burgers in a yr since.

Not big into these hipster vintage bikes, but the naked version is awesome

The first word I thought of when I saw that radiator hanging under there was: wattle. No twin-shock on the back? It looks off and don't give me usual but but but! It looks OFF. Bet you that paint job on the tank is a cheap decal, a la the W800. Honda did a better job, IMO. A proper air/oil lump with twin shocks and RSU forks. Brrraow! As for that Neo Cafe, dammit Honda, get your hearing checked, 'cause you're still tone deaf. Fire those "designers" and hire whoever can bring us that just-wet-my-pants again CB1100 in race trim. You know the one.

the CB1100 is an outstanding engine in a uninspired package. The Z900 rad is a bit off, but it has to go someplace, damn you EC4 specs!

the CB1100 is an outstanding engine in a uninspired package. The Z900 rad is a bit off, but it has to go someplace, damn you EC4 specs!

If they were ok with a solo seat, I would look hard at putting the rad in the rear subframe with air going up through where the passenger seat was. It would probably require side scoops, but they may look less weird than the giant rectangle bolted to the front.

Back
Top Bottom