Japanese police skill test - rain | GTAMotorcycle.com

Japanese police skill test - rain

zheka130

Guys

found this cool video on youtube,
these guys have extraordinary skill.

[video=youtube;pVoXGGXRl5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVoXGGXRl5k[/video]

There's no running from that guy unless you just try blasting away in a straight line and hope you have him on the top end..

I also like these ones, where you can't see the cones for the fairing:
[video=youtube;rJEDmxZjBXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJEDmxZjBXw[/video]

The biggest difference between them and us, is they have access to excellent training.

The biggest difference between them and us, is they have access to excellent training.

and spend much time doing the training and it's not their money when they bang up the bike while getting better.

We have easy access to some training in southern Ontario (such as track classes or total control for advanced training and the tons of basic training courses at colleges). I suspect the percentage of street riders in Ontario that have taken an advanced training course is sadly small.

I think the basic courses are missing a business opportunity. A weekend of gymkhana on their bikes for a few hundred dollars would be a blast. Since weekends are probably all booked, maybe an evening for <$50?

This was pretty good too
[video=youtube;uRpZlTBdIYU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRpZlTBdIYU[/video]

and spend much time doing the training and it's not their money when they bang up the bike while getting better.

We have easy access to some training in southern Ontario (such as track classes or total control for advanced training and the tons of basic training courses at colleges). I suspect the percentage of street riders in Ontario that have taken an advanced training course is sadly small.

I think the basic courses are missing a business opportunity. A weekend of gymkhana on their bikes for a few hundred dollars would be a blast. Since weekends are probably all booked, maybe an evening for <$50?

People are working on it, but there are logistics issues. Maybe @cutekill can give some feedback, as she runs multiple advanced courses. One of the problems is getting insurance coverage for the risk. Another would be vetting the students beforehand, so that they are up to the tasks involved. Still another is to fill gaps from students that fail the vetting process, or alternatively, providing students with a program, customized to fit their level of expertise.

Something as simple as an M2X program, can get dicey if you have a student or students who haven't been on a bike in four years and nine months after getting their M1.
How do you mitigate the situation, before they get into trouble, and possibly take others with them?

Guys

found this cool video on youtube,
these guys have extraordinary skill.

[video=youtube;pVoXGGXRl5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVoXGGXRl5k[/video]

...and great taste in Bikes too. 5th gen VFR800's. I wonder if they still have the factory combined-linked-braking-system on them.

All the training in the world on the control of a motorcycle won't help you gain experience riding in traffic on public roads. The only real way to do that is get your G license ASAP since 16 years of age and then operate a car for a good long number of years before venturing to motorbikes. That experience is what I believe would prevent a great number of crashes.

Sadly with that said, a number of years in a car with **** driving training to begin with won't set you off any better.

.. so we come down to the lack of better governed driver training. The advanced rider courses and track days are for those with the 'extra interest', and they'll probably crash anyways because of a probable lack of public road/traffic expertise or because their new found bike control powers led them too fast into a corner with dirt they never saw coming...

All the training in the world on the control of a motorcycle won't help you gain experience riding in traffic on public roads. The only real way to do that is get your G license ASAP since 16 years of age and then operate a car for a good long number of years before venturing to motorbikes.

****. I think I've done this wrong.

ada998b52e.jpg

I also like these ones, where you can't see the cones for the fairing:

Who says Harley's can't turn?? Bah..

Last edited:

ada998b52e.jpg

Nice. Met another guy recently who'd never driven anything before picking up his first bike this year. M2 only, in his mid-50s.

I can't imagine being on a bike for my first ever drive around city traffic. Respect.

DOB? Have you been on Dirt-bikes for a number of years prior? Did you hold a license in another country? lol. Most certainly if you're 16 (or thereabouts sub-30) I think you're definitely not doing yourself any favours. Good luck, but I'm sure I'll read about your "i crashed" post in the future.

DOB? Have you been on Dirt-bikes for a number of years prior? Did you hold a license in another country? lol. Most certainly if you're 16 (or thereabouts sub-30) I think you're definitely not doing yourself any favours. Good luck, but I'm sure I'll read about your "i crashed" post in the future.
That's pretty harsh man. My license looks quite similar to his, although I may be younger. My G1 expired last year, only really experienced Toronto traffic on 2 wheels. Or any traffic for that matter I guess.
Although riding dirt/trails for the very first time in September was a damn treat!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

That's pretty harsh man.

Yeah. I get that. Pretty sure that accident will hurt more. lol. No one likes to hear the truth, but dangnabit there it is. It would seem a much better process to make mistakes, develop, learn and figure out public roads in something much safer like car. Even from a formal driver/rider training platform the motorcycle is severely lacking. Short of a weekend advanced rider course that maybe gets you some feedback thru a mic/ear-piece setup it certainly ain't like Young Drivers or having an experienced individual sitting right beside you every time you go out to practice. That advanced course assumes you know the rules of the road - which if all you did was read the M1/G1 book to get your M1 then you basically know diddly.

Who says Harley's can't turn?? Bah..
Me.

More broadly, cruisers can't turn and it just so happens that's all HD makes (I don't care if some have bags, they're still cruiser chassis). Put any other style of bike along one of those chrome pigs (the bikes, not the cops) and it it would be obvious.

Me.

More broadly, cruisers can't turn and it just so happens that's all HD makes (I don't care if some have bags, they're still cruiser chassis). Put any other style of bike along one of those chrome pigs (the bikes, not the cops) and it it would be obvious.

huh..??? what kind of nonsense are you spewing? :confused:

We all need to get together, rent a lot and set up a course. Man with the best time wins. I used to be in a car club where we did that. Pretty good fun, better fun on a bike, and the cops can't bug you.

You asked, I answered. But let's not hijack the thread, every other HD thread is good for bashing if we want to go there.

Umm there is no "we" I don't want to be included in your unintelligent responses. You are welcome to your opinion, but as a HD rider myself your comments are not welcome. The posted video proves you are wrong and shows you are just trolling to bash a product and a group of people. Not cool.

Back
Top Bottom