Warm feet ...it's that time of year | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Warm feet ...it's that time of year

Heat in a click has been around for a long while. I doubt it would be comfortable in a riding boot - they're a bit bulky, unless you're wearing full on snow boots. I use them to warm my fingers inbetween refereeing ice hockey games at the coldest rinks in my area. You click them, them make instant heat, but they solidify, making them questionable for boots.

If you go this route, make sure you DO NOT leave them in the solid state for more than a couple of days at a time. If you do, they will not return back do the full fluid status, and won't generate as much heat, eventually failing altogether.

To return them to liquid state, you put them in a pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes, poking and prodding them a bit here and there.

Thanks for the tip ...got them today and trying one while I'm working

Don't think the rechargable insoles will fly as stiff and have to be partly removed to charge and that's difficult in stiff boots
I'll charge them and then try when they are warm.

Otherwise it's the socks but damn this reversable salt HeatClick sure feels nice - wish I could stuff them on top of my feet

will see how long it lasts

Well for $18 I modified them as they come with a strap

I have an old pair of hiking boots they fit in fine and they do keep my feet nice and warm.
We will see how long they last just in the boots.....the heat is just right.

Reviews say it takes a lot boiling to get it back to useable ....that's next

I'm going to plug in the rechargeable and maybe they are flexible enough for the hiking boots once they are charged and heated.

Actually they look to have some potential as well ... both recharge at the same time and you can control the heat right down to standby which reduces draw to 2%.

The reuseable chemical ones I could use in a pinch ....seem okay ..once in the boots...grabbing a pair of my kids which are a size up.

It's only 40 minutes to the Forks

Be nice to have a solution for the early spring as I'm not going to Aus this feb/Mar/Apr ( have to move house )

To return them to liquid state, you put them in a pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes, poking and prodding them a bit here and there.

there was a note somewhere about putting them in a cloth to boil ...any need for that ( I suspect to keep away from hot spots on the pot.

Okay they cleared up perfectly and quickly. Happy for $18

Last edited:
We have a winner if they keep my toes warm - the Thermacell charges quickly and when trimmed just fits my Milwaukee Troopers perfectly ( once my smart girlfriend asked if they already had insoles....duh..)

So size 11/12 boots the largest Thermacells needed trimming to the dotted line ..so one size down might have worked but I have wide feet so slightly larger is fine

A Co worker uses those Thermacell insoles in the fall and winter at work. We work outside and our boots are always wet, 2 seasons and he won't go without them.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom