Recommendations for low cut riding shoes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommendations for low cut riding shoes

gcrouse

Hey boys and girls

Looking for some recomendations from the board on a decent and affordable comfortable ( i know thats alot to ask) low cut riding boot . I currently atgatt but with my feet issues find my forma racing boots are just not working so ive been riding with steel toed work shoes YIKES which is not offering me any protection . I have however been able to ride again !!!! So this winter looking to get into a low cut shoe understanding that it will not afford the same protection as my formas which kind of freaks me out but .... Any info would be appreciated
Thanks
Gary

Any 'over the ankle' hiking type boot would work - check Mark's, Sports Authority, MEC ?

Do you need lower or just more comfortable? I would avoid low boots if you can. I have BMW Transitions and they are very very comfortable, easy to get on and off and don't look too much like power ranger boots (when under pants). Not cheap when I bought them, but maybe you could find a used pair?

72-60-7-679-136.jpg

Last edited:
Just to clarify its the tops that cut into my feet creating severe pain as I have nueopathy dont get that with the shoes so.... Ya i know GG , ive seen a few guys crash with both I prefer the full boot but they just arent working for me any more so i'll have to deal with a new style ....

gonna sound like a strange suggestion for riders not on cruisers
but HD sells some really good riding boots
not the cowboy looking ones
mid-cut, with side zipper, very comfortable
and completely water proof
put the pants outside and they just look like regular leather boots
definitely would be better than safety shoes for operating controls
and once broken in a bit are extremely comfortable

as for the shoes, lots of gixxer/squid fashion footwear available at the bike shops
if your into looking like a skaterboi and care not a lick for protection

Just to clarify its the tops that cut into my feet creating severe pain as I have nueopathy dont get that with the shoes so.... Ya i know GG , ive seen a few guys crash with both I prefer the full boot but they just arent working for me any more so i'll have to deal with a new style ....

Seriously, try the Transitions. The part that is near your foot is a soft boot, the armor is on a velcro shield above. They feel like you are wearing socks. I bought them from Wolf years ago, I'm not sure who stocks them now (or even if that particular model still exists).

122_0604_z%2Bbmw_transition_boot%2Bopen.jpg

Hey boys and girls

Looking for some recomendations from the board on a decent and affordable comfortable ( i know thats alot to ask) low cut riding boot . I currently atgatt but with my feet issues find my forma racing boots are just not working so ive been riding with steel toed work shoes YIKES which is not offering me any protection . I have however been able to ride again !!!! So this winter looking to get into a low cut shoe understanding that it will not afford the same protection as my formas which kind of freaks me out but .... Any info would be appreciated
Thanks
Gary

I wear these for daily commute:

https://shop.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sidi-doha-boot

sidi.jpg

Very comfortable, they were the only shoes i brought with me during my road trip/trek through Thailand in the spring.

I have the Dainese motorshoes.
Very comfortable. They feel just like wearing running shoes, but have nice armour protection

Tops cut in where and how? A lot of boots (especially non sport ones) flair out a lot at the top...I've seen some touring boots that flair enough I could stick my fist between the tongue and my shin (works well for armour, but might also help in your case too).

I have some of the TCX lace up shoes that look kind of like a regular high top shoe. Okay ankle protection that and comes up over the ankle bone well on me. Really though I look at these as an alternative to riding over to my buddies place in a pair of vans. In that comparison they offer good protection.

If I'm going for a real ride then they don't cut it.

I've got some BMW leather high top runner like boots that were on sale for $100.

Very comfortable for walking around in, but could use some better insoles after a couple of years use.

The very top of my feet adjacent to the ankle . Alot of pressure from the formas in that area . Was about to give up on riding until I tried my work shoes and while still cant ride long distances like before I can ride a few hrs hence my search for a good low cut shoe. The bmw transitions look although high like they might work.
Tops cut in where and how? A lot of boots (especially non sport ones) flair out a lot at the top...I've seen some touring boots that flair enough I could stick my fist between the tongue and my shin (works well for armour, but might also help in your case too).

Thx folks for the advice and suggestions. Lots to check out. Much appreciated. Will def be going to the bike shows this year to scope out some of the recommendations posted here. Keep em coming and thx again Gary

Love my Dr Martin's.. .tie as tight as needed and can push your socks down like an accordian at upper ankle.

Love my Dr Martin's.. .tie as tight as needed and can push your socks down like an accordian at upper ankle.

But really no protection against crushing or twisting of your ankle. Great slide protection but that's about it. Or do they have a proper armored version for sale?

Back
Top Bottom