Gas station reward points? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gas station reward points?

collected petro points for 15 years
gassing up once per day when running a sales territory
got free booster cables
best day of my life

I do PetroPoints. The 10c per liter discount comes in handy when I need to buy the 94 octane.

Used to get Petro points. Still do, but haven't cashed in in a while. Got snow brushes, gas can, and other stuff in the past. Now use my CC that gets points and a couple of cents off at Petro.

Use a CC that gets points for groceries and cash in $20 every few months or so.

I use canadian tire points from the gas bar as well as my wife... saved enough to purchase a 3/4 of a 8000 watt generator. Just bought a battery charger for my bike battery.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

A Canadian Tire mastercard makes sense to collect points, especially if you're willing to use CT gas stations as you get good returns/savings. I've used Petro Canada all my life and just collect their points that I stock pile and then use for their 5-cent-off-cards. Otherwise, I've transitioned my mindset mostly to use the PC Financial Mastercard and collecting points that I redeem for food - since one most always eat to live.

You can also get 1 years worth of CAA membership (if you have enough points)

PC Financial....I get reimbursement on groceries. Everybody eats!

Petro Points are so weak these days. I save more just by going to the cheaper neighbourhood gas station. No offense to anyone, but I don't get why anybody goes for that discount card - it costs just as many points as the exact same value gift card, and you can redeem it all at once! And then you realize you only saved five dollars anyway

I love the points and double dipping, petro points , CTC rewards, husky points and pay with a rewards visa. Collect whatever points and cash back visa, or the mile rewards MC , double win. Cash in the petro points for the 10cent a litre discount, office pays/bike gas wins.
Its all about the double and triple dipping.

Petro Points are so weak these days. I save more just by going to the cheaper neighbourhood gas station. No offense to anyone, but I don't get why anybody goes for that discount card - it costs just as many points as the exact same value gift card, and you can redeem it all at once! And then you realize you only saved five dollars anyway

If gas is cheaper somewhere else I don't bet from Petro. Now that they canceled the Petro Canada CIBC MC, looks like RBC is getting affiliated with them. Same savings using a RBC CC.

If gas is cheaper somewhere else I don't bet from Petro. Now that they canceled the Petro Canada CIBC MC, looks like RBC is getting affiliated with them. Same savings using a RBC CC.

Check again the RBC is an introductory offer. Expires at the end of the month.

I had the old Petro Points M/C and saved the 2 cents/ Liter and every once in a while used the points to buy an extra discount card, 10 cents off. The combo gave 12 cent discount.

The new system is a pain of multiple cards so I buy gas where the price is right and use a rewards card. The kick back is a no big deal.

There are people that pay everything on their reward cards including mortgage and insurances. The kickback can be a couple of grand a year.

I put everything I can on a rewards MC, can of coke or pack of gum, insurance, flights , everything. 3-5k a month, the rewards pile up nicely.

I use CT card for shopping . I put insurence and all bills on it . 10 cent off for fuel a month is pretty good .

One of my cards is the Tangerine MC....set one of my categories to Gas, so I get 2% back at all stations. Also collect Air Miles at Shell, but they never amount to much (esp given the bike's tiny tank compared to the car).

meh, instead i just go to costco to gas up when i can. constant lower price. gotta say though, the lineups are pretty brutal. sometimes, on the bike, not worth the dollar or 2 id save

I have a petro points card (seems useless nowadays especially with how little fuel we buy with the Volt) as well as an Esso card.

I get a free car wash every now and then using the Esso card. Seems I get squat with the Petro, but they're the most expensive option around here so I almost never buy gas there.

We too just go to Costco - when the price is $0.10-$0.15/L cheaper than other local stations the 10 minute wait isn't a big deal. Pick the pump with the shortest line regardless what side your fill nozzle is on - their pumps have long hoses that will reach either side, a fact lost on many who wait in a line twice as long to be on the "right" side when in reality it doesn't matter.

So true @PrivatePilot. And the new Costco by me has pumps that are 3 deep as opposed to the other Vaughan location with only 2.
I also use Petro Points. They used to give points for buying lotto, so I used to buy all my group tix there. And they had a bonus of $0.05 off / litre on a savings card for every dollar you spent on lotto. And sometimes there were bonuses. I have ~8000 L available at a $0.05 discount.
I also have my Carrot rewards app hooked up to my Petro Card.
(btw if you want to join Carrot Rewards pm me for my referral code. Bonus points for both of us).
I will keep going to Petro until my gas savings card is empty...unless I'm already at Costco.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Cashback is the best, no need to track points, but for gas purchases combining that with the app Gas Buddy results in maximum bang for the buck.

Back
Top Bottom