Do you wear full height boots for street riding? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you wear full height boots for street riding?

stickman88

Just curious....

But do you guys wear the full on track boots that go all the way up to shin when riding street. Trying to see form vs function here. Talking about the ones with reinforced armour all over.

That's not full height boots...

these are

BALANCE%20OILED%20BROWN.jpg

and yes I wear them on the dualsport if I'm going off pavement. As far as protection goes ...generally the higher the better

After permanently messing up an ankle while wearing above the ankle boots I now wear boots that are much taller and have ankle support. The second part is key, you can get many tall boots that are like a wet noodle through the ankle joint.

I wear two different types, i actually prefer the Formas for the street, the daytonas have much better ankle protection but less grip on the sole.

EvoSports_gtx.jpg

forma-adventure-low-boots.jpg

I wear the same Daytona's as Jay. I find them very comfortable for everyday use.
I will wear my Alpinestars Web Goretex boots if it's raining heavily out - they also go up to around mid calf, but with less protection than the Daytona's.

I always wear full length boots similar to the Daytonas. Ive been hit in the shins too many times by debris on the highway thrown up by the car in front of me.Had a broken leaf spring hit me above the ankle once that I'm sure would have sliced me open if I hadn't been wearing them.

I always wear full length boots similar to the Daytonas. Ive been hit in the shins too many times by debris on the highway thrown up by the car in front of me.Had a broken leaf spring hit me above the ankle once that I'm sure would have sliced me open if I hadn't been wearing them.

wow really? I do alot of city riding to and from places so i'm just wondering if it's overkill.

Dainese Axial Pro In boots always for me, all types of riding, day/night, wet/dry, etc.

I wear these:

Covers part of my shin. I had them on during my Accident. Physiotherapist says they most likely saved my ankle from breaking. They definitely saved my toes from the rash.

Always, way too much going on in your foot area in terms of bones and finite movement to risk it to crappy shoes.

Helmet > Gloves > Boots > Jacket > Pants, in that order of importance personally speaking.

Currently rock half-boots for the ankle support/protection. Planning on buying some more aggressive taller street boots for next season.

Always...every where!!! Even at WalMart

I've got some nice Alpinestars SMX-6 boots but only wear them occasionally: The massive Velcro closure is kinda hokey and they're stiff as **** so they're uncomfortable to walk around in. I "daily" a set of A* stubbies that cover the ankle with a decent level of coverage and protection.

Yes always. My friend went down and if it wasn't for his boots his ankle would have been toast. Plus, if you get the right boot they are more comfortable than your average shoe!

Most certainly do. Why not? (Waiting)

Well I'm talking like whether to just wear something like the SMX1 where they just cover the ankle or to wear something like the SMX 5 all around town. Like if I was going to a restaurant or mall, I would feel silly walking around in my motorcycle boots. If I was going for a long pleasure ride then of course it sounds right.

Back
Top Bottom