Letchworth State Park for lunch | GTAMotorcycle.com

Letchworth State Park for lunch

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Getting cabin fever with this nice weather and me not out.

https://goo.gl/maps/jhrC8QpuEH52

Gonna hit Letchworth State park for lunch tomorrow and wondered if anyone has taken 240 off 219 down to Ashford. Shows as a decent ride on motorcycle roads.

Then just take a lazy ride home....looks about 450 km loop ...start early tho it sucks as the sun is up late and riding home into the setting sun up the QEW is also a pain.....

But I do love the food and not many decent warm days left...

••••

Hiho ....7.30 and barely light but will have a go at ....11 degrees and can't find ALL my cool weather gear but enough I think,
First stretch to the border will be the chilliest...going to 23 !!! nice
Get out there.

Last edited:
I have a funny feeling that this is the weekend to stay away from any "fall colours" destinations south of here where the leaves haven't fallen off yet.

I think it'll be OK around here given that the fall colours situation pretty much sucked. I'm about to head out for a River Road run, maybe Creemore for lunch.

I had never been there on a weekend and got a shock and no table.- totally jammed. But they have a nice bag lunch they provide for $14 - really excellent hearty ham sandwich and superb coffee.

Upstate New York Sandwich

ham, apple, Cuba cheddar, watercress, honey mustard, toasted multi-grain bread

Price is up to $10 for the park but you get that back when you buy food you MUST take US dollars to pay tho. No cash ....no admittance.

Hmmm 500 km decent day - got home 4 ish. Out of shape for riding ..achy shoulder. Might do an in Ontario loop tomorrow. At least I got back in time to miss the usual jam up on the QEW.
Need a bit of air in the tires as well.

are you sure you were in the correct park?? :D

tmg-facebook_social.jpg

Letchworth State Park
https://parks.ny.gov/parks/79/details.aspx
Letchworth State Park, renowned as the "Grand Canyon of the East," is one of the most scenically magnificent areas in the eastern U.S. .

there are several natural waterfalls ....it's the most visited park in the US. I go for the food ... which is superb ....top notch meals...even the picnic lunch was thought out with local foods.

The fact that the dramatic geographic feature just "pops" out of a bland landscape I find incredible. Glad I was on the bike yesterday ... sooo busy and south entrance to the park where the Inn is located was closed for construction making it a mess.

It's not really a riding area but 240 is pretty enough instead of 219 and one humped bit of pavement that clearly invites airtime - some of the views are terrific. It's a good day ride loop from Mississauga just for a lark. PA called ..for sure but ....

Last edited:
Tried to hit you up via PM...next time you're in WNY feel free to get in touch. I live in Buffalo and ride the area frequently. Plenty of unknown stuff to those who are from out of town or don't head this way often.

Saw that ...you need to use email as I cannot get the site while riding and I was long gone south.
Thanks for offer - you should post your roads in the area at the top of this Touring page

Saw that ...you need to use email as I cannot get the site while riding and I was long gone south.
Thanks for offer - you should post your roads in the area at the top of this Touring page

I have been thinking about telling all of you Leaf fans about our beautiful roads down here :)

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I might take you up on that offer. I get to the finger lakes from the other side though. Syracuse way after passing through Watertown.

PMd you. But be warned that I also will disrespect any Sens and Hans fans haha

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I think the bottom end of all the finger lakes have waterfalls and gorges due to the geology in the area. Watkins Glen is part of that too.

Back
Top Bottom