Fallen rider in Clarington - R.I.P. :( | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fallen rider in Clarington - R.I.P. :(

Froglet

In my neighbourhood :( Also a relative of a co-worker of mine.
So sad.....

Tragedy in Clarington as a car, leaving a private drive in Clarington, struck and killed a motorcyclist. Durham police say the incident happened Thursday, just before 6:30 a.m. A 56-year-old man was driving a Harley Davidson motorcycle on Highway 2, between Morgan’s Road and Stapleton Road, east of Newcastle when he was struck by a Volkswagen Golf sedan leaving a private driveway. The rider was thrown from his bike and pronounced at the scene. The 23-year-old man driving the Volkswagen was not injured. The road was closed for several hours while evidence was collected and officers are appealing for witnesses.

http://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/105868

RIP Rider.

Close to home for me as well.

RIP rider.

EDIT:
Comments on above-referenced article are infuriating. Many put the blame on the rider for speeding and causing the crash (even though there is no information that justifies that conclusion). With other drivers having attitudes like that, no wonder so many riders get killed every year.

Last edited:
Another victim of irresponsible and careless driving.

RIP rider.

Just found out that a friend just bought a motorcycle from this fellow a few weeks ago.

Gotta figure that anyone who was superstitious would probably feel weird riding that bike now. Wouldn't bother me (I'd consider it a tribute to ride the wheels off of it), but some are weird like that.

I agree :( Not much respect for us out there.....

RIP rider.

EDIT:
Comments on above-referenced article are infuriating. Many put the blame on the rider for speeding and causing the crash (even though there is no information that justifies that conclusion). With other drivers having attitudes like that, no wonder so many riders get killed every year.

Back
Top Bottom