I (sort of) rear ended a car today (happy ending tho) | GTAMotorcycle.com

I (sort of) rear ended a car today (happy ending tho)

nrivoli

So around noon, going north Bathurst, Eglinton Intersection. There are signs everywhere no left not right (construction).
I was behind a red car, light is green, we move... I probably was at 10km/hr. Lady stopped to go left. "wtf", I swerved right while breaking (also, following too close), my right fairing touched her bumper... bike falling to the right... darn. I was strong enough to not let her fall...
Put bike straight, lady turned.. I followed her (also turning illegally left), she didn't stop, 2 blocks. I figured it was a scratch on my bike, and also I rear ended, so.. at fault??. I just moved on. Lady never noticed, realistically, the hit was unnoticeable as I was very very slow.
Didn't report either. I had a doctor apps after waiting 3 months, I just went there.

Bike got a 10cm scratch, not a big deal. Her bumper was all scratched up.

2 hour later, $50 parking ticket, because I didn't see the times (and there were many cars, so I just assumed it was fine). We all got tickets.

Dumb day.

thoughts?

Little confused on the whole timeline of things once you noted the doctor. No one got fined (for the scratch), no one's insurance got called, no one was injured. I guess it was ok? Definitely could've been worse.
I take Eglinton quite a bit, I would say 3/4 cars will follow the no left/right turn signs posted absolutely everywhere, at any point throughout the day, with or without a police officer on whateverthehelltheydo duty.
Ease up on the following I guess, but you've seem to have figured that out already.
Sucks for the parking ticket, right to reduce maybe, due to the new system that got instated earlier this year (no courts for parking tickets iirc anymore)

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Oh I was riding to a doctor appt (after waiting about 3 months). That's why I didn't really followed her more, nor reported, I was considering that I probably got scratches also she didn't notice/cared. So I just let things go. I dunno if I should have done that tho.

A Happy Ending and a rear end don't usually go together, lucky you.

Soooo what I'm getting from this is that you hit her, she didn't notice, left with a bunch of scratches on her car, you ran off? You are proud of that?

Soooo what I'm getting from this is that you hit her, she didn't notice, left with a bunch of scratches on her car, you ran off? You are proud of that?
Lol no.
yes, if you read it that way, that was I wrote, 100%.
However, Her car was like that before (the whole car in general)

You can only get a happy ending if you go for a Layton.

Sorta rear ended a car?

Is that like being a little bit pregnant?

I drive through there a lot and it feels like the flow has improved since they banned all turns, even with only one lane in each direction. I can almost close my eyes and cruise right through like the OP.

Sorta rear ended a car?

Is that like being a little bit pregnant?
Lmfao!

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Aka a hit an run.

Calling it as I see

Technically true but how far do you chase her?

I was behind a car that hit a drunk babe that wandered off the sidewalk into a driver's path. It was a very light bump. The babe got up, cursed and staggered away. The driver was out of his car and ready to do whatever he needed to but she walked away.

For the lechers, she was ugly.

thoughts?

Don't admit to an at-fault accident in great detail online, that's what I think. Especially since you then drove away from it.

So around noon, going north Bathurst, Eglinton Intersection. There are signs everywhere no left not right (construction).
I was behind a red car, light is green, we move... I probably was at 10km/hr. Lady stopped to go left. "wtf", I swerved right while breaking (also, following too close), my right fairing touched her bumper... bike falling to the right... darn. I was strong enough to not let her fall...
Put bike straight, lady turned.. I followed her (also turning illegally left), she didn't stop, 2 blocks. I figured it was a scratch on my bike, and also I rear ended, so.. at fault??. I just moved on. Lady never noticed, realistically, the hit was unnoticeable as I was very very slow.
Didn't report either. I had a doctor apps after waiting 3 months, I just went there.

Bike got a 10cm scratch, not a big deal. Her bumper was all scratched up.

2 hour later, $50 parking ticket, because I didn't see the times (and there were many cars, so I just assumed it was fine). We all got tickets.

Dumb day.

thoughts?
well you said it all ready, following too close.happy to hear you kept the bike off the ground.

Back
Top Bottom