Lighter clutch pull on a WR? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lighter clutch pull on a WR?

kiwi

Hi,
I'd like ideas on how to make a WR250F clutch operate with a lighter pull. I'm not into automatic gearboxes, so not interested in the Rekluse clutch.. are there any perch's or cables or something that can be done to help lighten the clutch pull needed when feathering the clutch in Enduro riding?

thanks

Google the Moose Easy Pull Clutch System. It's an adjustable pulley system, which trades lever effort for longer lever travel

The Magura Hymec hydraulic clutch conversion is also an option. If you need super-light, have a look at Clake, which also uses the Magura conversion on cable clutches

Google the Moose Easy Pull Clutch System. It's an adjustable pulley system, which trades lever effort for longer lever travel

The Magura Hymec hydraulic clutch conversion is also an option. If you need super-light, have a look at Clake, which also uses the Magura conversion on cable clutches

thanks for the info, will check out the Moose system.. Not sure if I want to go Hydraulic just yet, but its an option (a $$$ option! lol)

Yeah, if you think the Magura is expensive all by itself, don't look at the Clake. It's eye-watering.

I see that Moose now has what appears to be their external Easy Pull Clutch System integrated right into a clutch perch+lever, but it has mixed reviews.

Pro Taper sells a perch/lever and it’s pretty sweet. Installed it on my rm250 and it feels fantastic.

Pro Taper sells a perch/lever and it’s pretty sweet. Installed it on my rm250 and it feels fantastic.

which model? and did it help clutch pull?

What is the reason behind this request ?

What is the reason behind this request ?

I killed my hand (actually my tendons up past my wrist have were inflamed for the past few days) last weekend feathering the clutch riding single track .. ;-) perhaps I'm too much of a wuss??, and need to suck it up more... ?? I did adjust the clutch engagement position.. maybe I've got to try again. I have ridden another WR (an older 250F) which has a super light clutch but I don't know what mechanism is being used to make it so. It has a "R" on the perch but its definitely not a Rekluse

Edit: found this video on YouTube.. this is the clutch lever on the WRR I rode.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFmmul6B5oI - looks like its from http://www.righteousstuntmetal.com/

Last edited:
Most of the aftermarket levers/perchs are just going to be a smoother more engaged action and not actually a lighter pull. Also going to cost close to a hydraulic set up so in that case I'd just bite the bullet and go hydraulic.

Btw the rekluse doesn't make it an automatic transmission as your still shifting and if you feel like it you can still use the lever like a regular clutch to slip it out of tight corners etc if you fear you would miss that part of riding.

I had an FZ6 with a tough clutch
found a mod where the slave lever - one on the trans
was longer....offered a pretty good reduction in effort
took a bit to get the friction point right after that
then it was a big difference, and was a cheap fix

Most of the aftermarket levers/perchs are just going to be a smoother more engaged action and not actually a lighter pull. Also going to cost close to a hydraulic set up so in that case I'd just bite the bullet and go hydraulic.

Btw the rekluse doesn't make it an automatic transmission as your still shifting and if you feel like it you can still use the lever like a regular clutch to slip it out of tight corners etc if you fear you would miss that part of riding.

Hudraulic doesn’t mean easy clutch pull though. Mine is no easier/harder than my buddies 2015 250sx and if you can find me a hydraulic clutch for $80 I’m all ears.

I shouldn't of said close to the same cost. If he wants a lighter pull spending $200 a hydraulic clutch is wiser then $100 on a perch when the perch just provides a smoother more precise feel not lower lever effort.

First time I've heard someone say hydraulic isn't an easier pull, and of the 3 dirt bikes I have right now the one with a hydraulic clutch has a significantly easier pull. To each their own.

I dont like the feel of a hydraulic clutch, so I prefer to use "EZ-pull" levers. There are many options now for EZ-pull clutch levers, from $50-200

I run one on my KX450F and its a easy 1 finger clutch pull all day long

Currently my favorite brand is Impaktech lots of options for colors and lever length.....Seems obvious but nobody seems to listen to me but the longer the lever the easier the pull so dont get a short one
http://impaktechusa.com/product/easy-pull-clutch-lever/

Last edited:
Add some washers/spacers under the springs?

[video=youtube_share;ydZyFR-iDWc]http://youtu.be/ydZyFR-iDWc[/video]

Been away, thanks for all the replies guys..

I shouldn't of said close to the same cost. If he wants a lighter pull spending $200 a hydraulic clutch is wiser then $100 on a perch when the perch just provides a smoother more precise feel not lower lever effort.

First time I've heard someone say hydraulic isn't an easier pull, and of the 3 dirt bikes I have right now the one with a hydraulic clutch has a significantly easier pull. To each their own.

That could be an option. With the RSC lever and perch about $200, its not much off a Magura Hydraulic replacement.

Add some washers/spacers under the springs?

Yeah, I heard that was another easy option to do.

I bought some clutch cable lube etc, and plan to lube it, and do some adjustments for my next ride. Maybe I can dial it in better, and next year figure out things

Just an update on this...

I went back and spent some time adjusting my clutch position using the adjuster at the perch. Much better during my last ride out. Less arm pump for sure and definitely wasn't as sore as before. Not going to change anything just yet, will see how it goes next season.

Back
Top Bottom