Harley-Davidson Profit Falls As Slide in Motorcycle Sales Continues | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley-Davidson Profit Falls As Slide in Motorcycle Sales Continues

The industry as a whole is has seen a nice increase in sales over the last few years, that wave may have crested in Harley's main markets, not for just Harley -- sales of motorcycles are declining at the moment in North America and Europe. Harley does sell into one primary market, heavy cruisers, which is mostly North America and Europe. The last decade has seen a marked improvement in the longevity/dependability of bikes AND an increase in riders that only do a few KM each year - both extend times between motorcycle purchases which is not so good if you make bikes.

When they look into the crystal ball, they'll need to figure out where the future will take them. Do they diversify the mix and compete in other segments? Do they change their price strategy to increase volumes (thy have the margins)? Do they try to build business in emerging Asian markets? Do they hunker down and and ride out the sales slump?

I don't think there it's time to panic, I don't think Harley is at any greater risk than other makers. it's time to figure out a future strategy and start riding that path. Harley is still solid and they have the capacity to ride out a storm. They are survivors, and despite whether you like Mermaids or Pirates - they will survive.

One final thought for HD bashers, next time you go for a romp, count the posers in your SS group. I'll bet they are as plentiful. I know they are in the groups I see and ride with.

Thr posers who ride ss tend to be on s1000rr's in my experience

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Thr posers who ride ss tend to be on s1000rr's in my experience

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Does that give him/her street credibility .

Last edited:
meh-their are a few Harley's I like, perticularly the breakout..Market shares and all this stuff I know 0 about and don't really care. I also like the Indian brand.The scout is cool
I don't see the harley brand crashing even though their market share has apparently gone down from what I gather here.They will always be around.If I ever buy one I will not be dressed like a pirate...

but this would be the month to dress like one!

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom