How Much Discount on a Non-Current? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How Much Discount on a Non-Current?

parillaguy

I am looking to buy a new 'left over' non-current motorcycle to replace my crashed bike :( . My question is: how much should the dealer be offering off the original list price? I have seen everything from nothing ("it is a savings over the price of a current one"), a few hundred dollars (around 2.5%), 15% off the list + no PDI charge to 20% (but in free factory accessories). Without naming dealers or bad mouthing anyone....what is a fair discount on a non-current? parillaguy

A car or motorcycle is worth what the seller can get for it.
From your point of view there should be a substantial discount for it being non current.
From the dealer's point of view he had to use his line of credit and pay interest on it to purchase it from the maker.
If its still in stock after the first snowfall, the price will be far more reasonable.

When I bought mine new they had a previous year demo model with only a few hundred km on it and it was almost half the current model. Although I don't think that dealer exists anymore.

Depends on demand. It’s it’s a slow mover, expect discounts. If it’s in demand, likely won’t do anything substantial. Then again, a lot of other factors can change.

They could have a slow month and need to get some units sold to make way for new inventory.

There is nothing cut and dry about it. The aren’t in it to lose money. But if it’s costing them money sitting on the floor, they will discount it the least amount they can that still brings interested parties to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what original MSRP was, assuming it must have been around $9k like my 17 phantom, but a buddy of mine bought a 2014 shadow aero for $6k this spring, it was still in the crate.

If the thing is sold all over the province look up what other dealers are selling it for. Go in and let the dealer know you are serious by making an offer (what is reasonable is hard to pin down). When they counter with something and you are happy then buy it. If they let you walk....then you have the answer to what their price is. Most dealers will work with you to get rid of old stock but the margins are all over the place depending on the vehicle (dealer incentives, time on the lot etc).

Depends on demand. It’s it’s a slow mover, expect discounts. If it’s in demand, likely won’t do anything substantial. Then again, a lot of other factors can change.

They could have a slow month and need to get some units sold to make way for new inventory.

There is nothing cut and dry about it. The aren’t in it to lose money. But if it’s costing them money sitting on the floor, they will discount it the least amount they can that still brings interested parties to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there's demand, there's no non-current. You can get a substantial discount on any "old-new" bike.

Depends on how non current the bike is.
I bought a new non current 2012 FZ1 this year and paid...you ready...$7500.
That is nearly half price for what the bike was going for in 2012.

Bought my 2013 cb500x in 2015
MSRP was 6200 + fees for a new one
i got mine for about 6300 with fees in.

Dealt with a dealer from sudbury, they brought it down to Barrie for me (and eventually, actually trailered it all the way to brampton since we were headed in the same direction)

So definitely worth it for me.

as others have said, many factors to be considered
every bike and dealer will be different

extreme example is the Yamaha dealer near me
last time I was there, around 6 months ago,
they still had a 2011 Super Tenere
new, non-current....typically about 17K for one + fees
this had been marked down to 12K for 2 years, could not dump it
for some reason it had no cruise control

why Yamaha or the dealer would have an ADV bike
trying to go up against a GSA with no CC is baffling

so I guess to get a smoking deal
the bike has to have mass negative appeal
like the FZ1 mentioned earlier, fantastic bike
but no one in NA wants a 4 cylinder, upright, liter sized, ST, apparently

look for deals on FJ-09's for the next 2 years
nobody wants them either

nobody wants them either
I do. The non-adv adv bikes seems to be the ones that are easily dealable. cb500x has potential but its not truly an out of the box adv bike, same for the fj... (although its a lil too heavy to even get the moniker).

Now my problem is, gotta wait for tickets to fall off my record before i look for a 900cc bike ahaha

I do. The non-adv adv bikes seems to be the ones that are easily dealable. cb500x has potential but its not truly an out of the box adv bike, same for the fj... (although its a lil too heavy to even get the moniker).

Now my problem is, gotta wait for tickets to fall off my record before i look for a 900cc bike ahaha

yeah it's kind of a funny bike
styled sorta like an ADV
but is marketed and designed for ST
I can tell you, it is NOT suitable for any kind of off pavement use

and good plan with the tickets
that 847 cc triple will not help with that cause bro

nobody wants them either

I may be wrong but I do not think the Tenere got cruise until 2014.

Back
Top Bottom