Electrical supplies | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Electrical supplies

Doesn't seem that any of BB stores carries NM90 in 8/2 ... just 8/3 for 5.90-6.90?/m ... expensive for sure.

Doesn't seem that any of BB stores carries NM90 in 8/2 ... just 8/3 for 5.90-6.90?/m ... expensive for sure.

So like $34.50 (or less) plus tax ($39 with HST) for the wire expensive.... :)

I fully admit that I am cheap, but I cannot compete on this one...

Last edited:
For a short piece of cable wire? (yes copper is expensive blablabla ...) Sure ... as an absolute number, hardly, obviously.

I guess, when there's a gas for 1.10/L on one side of the road and 1.25/L on the other, you don't mind taking one for 1.25, and I see no problem going to the other side, especially if they are the same thing, right? Is it cheap or stupid? I know what I call it .... :)

I have read people buying for half of that, but have no idea where (I guess the good sources are a well garded secret ....). Today it's 5 meters, next time it might be longer .....

For a short piece of cable wire? (yes copper is expensive blablabla ...) Sure ... as an absolute number, hardly, obviously.

I guess, when there's a gas for 1.10/L on one side of the road and 1.25/L on the other, you don't mind taking one for 1.25, and I see no problem going to the other side, especially if they are the same thing, right? Is it cheap or stupid? I know what I call it .... :)

I have read people buying for half of that, but have no idea where (I guess the good sources are a well garded secret ....). Today it's 5 meters, next time it might be longer .....

If people continually accept what the market will bear the market will at some point become unbearable. Being price conscious keeps prices in line if enough people do it.

If people continually accept what the market will bear the market will at some point become unbearable. Being price conscious keeps prices in line if enough people do it.

And the price at the BB is as much about convenience as anything else.

I say we start a crowd funding campaign to raise the $40 for mxs, who is in?

I think that too.

But he's of course right that it is not really worth my time for those amounts I am shopping for right now .... But because I have time on my hands, I figured why not to explore, right? Costs me nothing, except for dealing with "smart-***" replies on GTAM ... which everyone is used to by now.

Anyways, I will pop-in to those few suppliers around recommended by people and see if anyone will sell me the breaker for 25$ and 8/2 NMD90 at 4$/m ... will see. At worst, I will be back at HD ... LOL

Call Nedco ask them how much for the breaker

I think it's this one

MG24455 40 AMP DOUBLE POLE
Product code: SCHMG24455
Brand: SCHNEIDER

at HD it's

$30.47 / each
Double Pole 40 Amp Stab-lok (NC) Plug-On Circuit Breaker
Schneider Electric
Model # NC0240CP
Store SKU 1000110442
Pick-up in Store

Last edited:
You are right ... HD had the best price for the breaker.

As I visited Torbram Electric, they were actually quite nice and didn't mind selling me whatever and however small order it would be. The issue was that even themselves don't stock 8/2 NMD90. 8/3 was 4.90$/m ... but, the breaker was 40$ ... he explained it that HD probably bought so many of them that they get massive discount. I was surprised how large the difference was ...

Here's a list of some places we use for work:

Weston Modular
Newark
Mouser
Digikey
Anixter
Infinite Cables / Phantom Cables (same company)
Access Technologies Inc / ATI Tech (same company)
Acklands Grainger

I also know the guy that owns avshop.ca.

There are tons of smaller electrical supply stores around Mississauga but I can't remember them all. Torbram Electric and Nedco we've also dealt with.

Guillevan International is mostly for contractors but they do small stuff too.

Not sure if they have a location near you or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom