Motorcycle Anti-Theft Suggestions | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Anti-Theft Suggestions

faivious

Hello!

Looking for suggestions/advice on securing your motorcycle for various situations.

Luckily I have a private garage that can store the motorcycle.

But what do you guys do when say you park your bike for work/school/grocery/etc.?

I realize that if someone is motivated enough, my bike will disappear, but what can I do for deterrents?

In order of effectiveness against financial loss

1) Insurance
2) Ride a bike that is less popular (eg EX500 vs SS)
3) Chain to immovable object. If I parked somewhere everyday, I would leave a chain and lock there instead of riding with it
4) Hyosung bike cover

Good theft insurance + bike cover for longer stays. This discourages turkeys from sitting on the bike or trying to move it. This is probably the most common problem. Chains, disc locks, etc. are only useful if you stick to using them consistently. More desirable bikes will always be targets and the police have other concerns. Just a fact of life for motorcyclists, I'm afraid.

In order of effectiveness against financial loss

1) Insurance
2) Ride a bike that is less popular (eg EX500 vs SS)
3) Chain to immovable object. If I parked somewhere everyday, I would leave a chain and lock there instead of riding with it
4) Hyosung bike cover

Are Hyosung bikes terrible to the point of not stealing it?
May pick a Hyosung cover if that's the case haha

Are Hyosung bikes terrible to the point of not stealing it?
May pick a Hyosung cover if that's the case haha

Some of them were. The 250's would eat engines. I suspect they are all dead now which is a shame, they were a cool concept with a 250 motor in a full size bike.

I was half joking about Hyosung. Any cover helps, but I don't know of any highly desirable Hyo's so the branding may stop people from lifting the cover to see what's under it.

the gadgets all help, cover, lock etc.

thought and planning are important too
if leaving the bike in a public place for short amount of time
park near the entrance, like at a store get it up on the concrete
not in front of the doors of course, but I've had no issues anywhere I've done this
but be respectful about it, parking near the bicycles

if going away overnight, take into account where the bike will be
as in choose your hotel with this in mind
if staying over at someone's place
explain to them the bike needs to be out of sight
non-riders won't understand, so try to get it out of the driveway

I have insurance, when I park my bike I just park it. I do love my bike, but if someone wants to help me get a new one in the spring by taking this on now, who am I to get in their way? I'd rather they get what they came for, than leave me with a damaged bike.

I have insurance, when I park my bike I just park it. I do love my bike, but if someone wants to help me get a new one in the spring by taking this on now, who am I to get in their way? I'd rather they get what they came for, than leave me with a damaged bike.

As above, I'll feel bad, and violated. But if it gets taken I never want to see it again, just do whatever and I'll settle up with the insurance Co. And be sure to take it, dont make a mess of things then leave it.

Normally, if an errand will involve me not being within sight of my bike, I will take the car instead. Shopping? Car trip.

For commuting to work, back when I actually had a fixed office location, I would park it right outside the shipping/receiving office, because (1) it was out of the way of the main traffic going in and out of the parking lot, and (2) the shipping/receiving guy was always there or nearby. This was for a smallish company in which everybody knows everyone else.

I store it outside and park it wherever and never have had an issue. Often forget the keys in or near it in public lots.

lmao my friend left his key in his bike all day at work last week.

Turned someone's bike off before, because they'd left it running with keys in it.

Back
Top Bottom