Is it wrong to hope somebody crashes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it wrong to hope somebody crashes?

BetterWhenNaked

Just happened I was driving home(north scarborough) and I came to an intersection that just turned green and since I was already going 10+ the speed limit I saw no point in slowing down and just went through it, as I drove by I noticed last second on my right hand-side a GSX-R come to a pretty abrupt stop trying to make the turn right on the red. The reason I didn't even notice him was that both his lights were completely out, surprisingly he speeds up to me and signals my window down. So I obliged, hands and fingers in the shape of a gun and I quote, "BANG, you church ******* gonna get it one day." (Not even religious but okay) I mentioned to him that I had the green and his headlights were out and his helmet visor was hanging off 1 side. He proceeds to tell me "I can't hear you I have music on, keep talking. You gonna try and take me out?" and so on with a bunch of nonsensical words I really couldn't make out. I found the whole thing kind of amusing but at the same time I was pretty nervous he was gonna take my mirror out and I would be forced to knock him off his bike, which as a rider is such a hard ethical battle. Luckily it ended with him just riding off. I'm not too sure what to make of this, I do however somewhere deep inside want this guy to take a spill and learn something from it, or you know just get smeared all over the road. Not a huge loss for society anyways.

If you're on here or if someone knows who I'm talking about relay the message a to him. I wish you good fortune in the wars to come, you'll need it with the dumb decisions you make.

/rant

puzzles me why such a capable bike
attracts such incapable humans

sounds like you did exactly the right thing OP

I would never "hope" that somebody crashes, but there have been plenty of times when I "predict" that somebody crashes, and it sounds like you encountered a prime candidate ...

The short answer is: Yes it is wrong.

A way of validating your sentiment, one which I share, is to hope the guy grows up fast. It just happens that the most expeditious way to do that would be for him to crash and learn.

Compliments on the way you handled the situation. Let the dooches hoard all the doochery for themselves.

There are a lot of Karma Youtube videos and they are popular because a lot of people have the same revenge thoughts. Seeing someone crash wouldn't bother me too much as long as no one got hurt but if a crash wish came true there is no guarantee of there being no injury. Best left unwished.

Didn't read your post but yes it is wrong, that person might have a child at home, parents and loved ones that will suffer.

Humans are ********.

No, he's an idiot and I hope he does crash one day

Wishing death and injury on him is a different story

Just happened I was driving home(north scarborough) and I came to an intersection that just turned green and since I was already going 10+ the speed limit I saw no point in slowing down and just went through it, as I drove by I noticed last second on my right hand-side a GSX-R come to a pretty abrupt stop trying to make the turn right on the red. The reason I didn't even notice him was that both his lights were completely out, surprisingly he speeds up to me and signals my window down. So I obliged, hands and fingers in the shape of a gun and I quote, "BANG, you church ******* gonna get it one day." (Not even religious but okay) I mentioned to him that I had the green and his headlights were out and his helmet visor was hanging off 1 side. He proceeds to tell me "I can't hear you I have music on, keep talking. You gonna try and take me out?" and so on with a bunch of nonsensical words I really couldn't make out. I found the whole thing kind of amusing but at the same time I was pretty nervous he was gonna take my mirror out and I would be forced to knock him off his bike, which as a rider is such a hard ethical battle. Luckily it ended with him just riding off. I'm not too sure what to make of this, I do however somewhere deep inside want this guy to take a spill and learn something from it, or you know just get smeared all over the road. Not a huge loss for society anyways.

If you're on here or if someone knows who I'm talking about relay the message a to him. I wish you good fortune in the wars to come, you'll need it with the dumb decisions you make.

/rant
Sounds like a DB rider only hearing your side of the story.

However, I can also tell you are not much better. "I would be forced to knock him off his bike...."? Are you for real? Do you really think the guy will learn from him taking a spill or "smeared all over the road"?

You should stick to public transportation for everybody's safety. SMH,

Sounds like a DB rider only hearing your side of the story.

However, I can also tell you are not much better. "I would be forced to knock him off his bike...."? Are you for real? Do you really think the guy will learn from him taking a spill or "smeared all over the road"?

You should stick to public transportation for everybody's safety. SMH,

If a rider were to smash a mirror in a fit of rage and had the intent of running, you better expect the driver to knock you off your bike.
The rider would definitely learn that their actions have consequences.
People have been run off the road for much less than making a "I want to shoot you, and you're going to get it" gesture.

Or... You could always sit there going along your merry way with your mirror hanging off your car saying "Oh well... He was a d-bag.".

Best to avoid these situations overall especially if someone comes up to you yelling. They tend to get themselves more angry and do stupid things once they open their mouths.

Last edited:
Didn't read your post but yes it is wrong, that person might have a child at home, parents and loved ones that will suffer.

Humans are ********.

If the OP's account is accurate, the rider's bike had inoperable headlights, was using damaged gear, was unable to hear properly due to loud music, intended to ignore traffic signals, then uttered a death threat. He wasn't doing much to insure he returned to those loved ones safely.

Any amount of damage to the OP's car is not justification to injure or kill the rider, however idiotic. Wishing harm, even temporarily, is definitely mean-spirited, though most would probably have felt the same at the time.

Last edited:
Hoping for somebody to crash strikes me as being too passive-aggressive
<snip>

Last edited:
I'M GUILTY. I've hoped to see riders crash many times, usually when watching motogp, sometimes wsbk....guess im morally bankrupt lol.
guys a knob, wouldn't give it a second thought.

on the other hand, approaching a just turned green light at more than the speed limit would definitely have me rolling out of the throttle and slowing down the approach...car or bike.

Last edited:
You shouldve done a nice thumbs up and smiled and done some ASL signage and rolled up your window. No time to waste on those.

Also all the motovloggers doing their own justice might entice some people to think it works or will get them somewhere.

#doitfortheviews

I always just blow kisses to those in rage. Confuses them and/or infuriates them even more.

I was doing a bit of mild lane filtering on the 401 thru yorkdale one day home from work, as per usual, when a dude was so angry by it, he started to follow me waving his cell phone out the window of his car yelling I got you on camera and honking as he chased me dangerously thru traffic. I stopped when traffic came to a stop, let him come up next to me, and then I blew him a big kiss and waved for the camera. I said can we get a picture together for instagram? He put the phone away, and took off lol.

I always just blow kisses to those in rage. Confuses them and/or infuriates them even more.

I was doing a bit of mild lane filtering on the 401 thru yorkdale one day home from work, as per usual, when a dude was so angry by it, he started to follow me waving his cell phone out the window of his car yelling I got you on camera and honking as he chased me dangerously thru traffic. I stopped when traffic came to a stop, let him come up next to me, and then I blew him a big kiss and waved for the camera. I said can we get a picture together for instagram? He put the phone away, and took off lol.
You mustve made him blush

Let’s take the OP account of what happened. And even say the rider’s bike had operating lights and everything was good.

Just the simple fact of rolling on up to the intersection, the light is green and you continue on your way. The rider didn’t have a right away.

I don’t think any of us appreciate a tongue lashing from a rider pulling up along side. I may not have the time to have a little road side chat to clear the air and defend my take on things and get the account from the rider. Might be nice to have the dash cam vid in these cases.

But what is the point? To feel a little better about ourselves? To be the “right” one. To prove the other person was a being a rooster and you were actually in the clear and saved them from certain injury or death?

I’ve been the dick and I try to acknowledge my lapse in judgement. And I’ve been the victim.

Just kinda hope it all works on at the end of the escalator ride down to my maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom