What would be your custom bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What would be your custom bike?

nobbie48

Site Supporter
When someone says custom bike I usually think the chopper or V twin raked out chrome queen on a trailer.

For me it would be a retro scrambler with modern running gear. The Triumph scrambler is close but I would prefer lighter and I don't need 900 cc. It wouldn't be ridden off road, just off pavement at modest speeds.

What's your poison?

Here ya go

goldwing-1.jpg

••••••••

For me an electric motorcycle with swappable battery 150 mile range and an RDL saddle :D

2016-zero-ds-electric-motorcycle_100541608_l.jpg

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/ca/zero-ds-features

Zero - DS ....getting there. 317 lb ...insane torque. 140 mile range.

This FXS seems to have swappable batteries too
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=227

Last edited:
After my mustang project is done, I was toying with the idea of doing one of the chopper or bobber kits that are available out there. Will not be a trailer queen though.

Been thinking for awhile about getting an 80' s era Wing or a Venture
ditch all the plastic, bob the fenders and seat, build a street rod

example here:

https://thekneeslider.com/honda-gold-wing-bulldog-bobber/

still having trouble with pictures...seems I can only upload pics of 5kb or less

That's pretty cool. Here's a different take on the same theme (custom R9T):

Custom-BMW-R9T.jpg

sweet, I like that

thread a few days ago about pipes
would love to putt through town in 4th gear
on either of those
with free exhaust
engine at just over 1,000 RPM
and make lots of noise

Not sure I would call it a custom but if I was able to build what I want right now it would be

2015 Road Glide
One Of the 107ci big bore kits that's out there with ported heads etc, ohlins suspension, decent stereo, 21" front wheel and then the small stuff like solo seat, ape hangers etc

It won't happen next year but wishful thinking for summer 2019. A cafe would be a cool toy to have as well.

This one:
[video=youtube;jFS8pzBZU5c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFS8pzBZU5c[/video]

When someone says custom bike I usually think the chopper or V twin raked out chrome queen on a trailer.

For me it would be a retro scrambler with modern running gear. The Triumph scrambler is close but I would prefer lighter and I don't need 900 cc. It wouldn't be ridden off road, just off pavement at modest speeds.

What's your poison?

43_zpss9iedmok.jpg

I built this one for commuting and riding rough gravel roads. It's kind of modeled after the street tracker, scrambler styled bikes. I get lots of comments from people who want one like it. I might put some trials treads on it when these tires wear out. I snapped the timing chain this summer and had to replace the crank, two valves and the jugs with eBay parts. Back together now and running fine though. I was thinking of getting a second engine cheap to swap into it in case it dies again.

My custom wouldn't be custom at all. It would be a factory built completely stock.(aka Unmolested)

A harley, or possibly a triumph, both going for the custom look these days

A custom made by them is generally backed by teams of highly trained engineers, and R&D departments

whereas most amateur customs have all the reliability of a 1964 fiat

My custom wouldn't be custom at all. It would be a factory built completely stock.(aka Unmolested)

A harley, or possibly a triumph, both going for the custom look these days

A custom made by them is generally backed by teams of highly trained engineers, and R&D departments

whereas most amateur customs have all the reliability of a 1964 fiat

Uhh yeah, that's about right.

C'mon, what if someone challenges you?

Don't you want to get out to a quick lead and then melt the front end off of their bike if they dare to try and catch up?

My custom would be a sport or sport tourer with the best(not necessarily the most expensive, but the best function) suspension, levers and farkles, etc. adjusted to me.

Personally for me, it'd be a Dual Sport/Enduro Trike, take a Honda Dual Sport/Enduro (Like a XL250 or something) & put a ATC Rear End on it (From a ATC 250R or something), it'd be more stable & better suited for year round riding + can be used off & on road, Assuming it can be registered as a Blue Plated 3 Wheeler that'd Require a -M Licence Condition.

Something like this,but with my own carbon and titanium farkle bits.
titanium_r_2018_carr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom