Tank Bag repair | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tank Bag repair

slowbird

This is a long shot but I have a tank bag that I have been using for almost 10 years now. The leather that hols the magnets on the bottom of the tank bag has torn in places and 2 of the magnets have fallen out. (I still have the magnets)

Just recently one of the zipper sliders doesn't clinch the zipper teeth together anymore. Luckily it has two sliders for the one zipper so I can still close it.

So basically I need a zipper fixed and the bottom magnet pouches repaired.

Anyone have any experience getting stuff like this fixed?

I'd looked at getting a replacement Tank bag but they are either too expensive or not the shape/size I am looking for.

Lots of little sewing/alternation/repair businesses advertise on Kijiji, might be your best bet as it sounds like it's going to be a but of a "labour of love" type job that a little home based business might be best suited to tackle.

Make sure you explain to them to not put any stitching in a place where it's going to rub the tank when they're fixing the magnet holders - my tank bag scuffed up my tank pretty good things past summer because crud got stuck between the magnets and the tank and I didn't notice it - I could only imagine that stitching/thread rubbing would potentially do the same. I was able to get 95% of it out with some rubbing compound, but I'll be taking a lot more care in the future.

Shoe repair could easily do the leather work and possibly the zipper.

Both the leather replacement and the zipper repair are pretty easily done. A shoe repair person should be able to do this. Where are you located in Toronto? Does your tank bag have an inner liner?

I would take it to my local shoe repair guy. Would probably charge like $30 for what you're describing. Then again, I haven't been there in awhile now.

Thanks for all of the replies. I ended up finding the exact same tank bag for cheap on Ebay. Looks unused. I'll use that for now.

Back
Top Bottom