Mouse Alert | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mouse Alert

Bobo

I've always heard horror stories about mice building nests in air boxes and chewing wires but never thought it would happen to me.Went into the garage today to give my ST1300 the once over before heading to Port Dover tomorrow and found a big *** mouse nest under my seat, didn't see any chewed wires though.Im praying they didn't feast on the wife's BMW's wiring harness parked next to it.

Last edited:
Mice need three things.Food water and shelter.Clean your garage really well and it will better.

Bait stations... Have them all around my house including a couple in the garage.

my dirt bike had a good batch of little pink babies in the air filter (bike was stored over winter in shed). no bait, no trap, no cat....I placed the critters behind the shed, and covered with a rag and leaves.

Old timer told me years ago that bars of Irish Speing soap keeps them away.
I leave a bar in my shed, garage and snowmobile storage under the seat.
I live in a rural area and have never had an issue.

I had them eat the wires to the front coil on the DL650 middle of last summer. Bait traps every were now. On the VFR board the mice seized a motor. Straight drop from the airbox into the cylinders. mice peed all winter.

I have traps set year round in the garage and 3 or 4 of them around the bike over the storage season. I get 4 or 5 mice a year and, so far, never any issue with the ST.

Old timer told me years ago that bars of Irish Speing soap keeps them away.
I leave a bar in my shed, garage and snowmobile storage under the seat.
I live in a rural area and have never had an issue.
Gonna try this. I still have a little guy running around, would rather avoid traps and poison.
Started up the bike for the first time in forever yesterday. Gave it a once over. Looks like I haven't had a mouse attack yet.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Thanks Scuba!

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

This time of the year is when they start looking for a warmer place. I had a trap in my garage for the whole summer, only just went off this week.

Don't put the bike away for the winter until it gets cold enough that all the critters have already found their homes for the season. ;) I'm not sure if this is good advice but it's worked for me thus far.

Back
Top Bottom