Kijiji q | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kijiji q

Nobody uses PayPal anymore? Used to be my go-to but lately I've been getting the silent treatment when I mention it on a Kijiji inquiry.

After the PayPal scam got more popular with step-by-step guides so a 12 year old could follow it and scam people, people moved away from it because there would be more scammers using PayPal than legitimate buyers putting out "offers".

There are even multiple threads of the "chargeback" scam on PayPal's own Community forum for sites like eBay and Amazon. The end result is.... Crickets.... Nothing they can do.

https://goo.gl/iG2vqx

Last edited:
Nobody uses PayPal anymore? Used to be my go-to but lately I've been getting the silent treatment when I mention it on a Kijiji inquiry.

I think it's kind of notorious for scams now. I'm not sure how, though, since my understanding is as long as you can prove you sent the item (post office receipt/tracking information) you're safe. I still use it but am always a bit skeptical. Worked out fine last time.

I have bought and sold many items through Kijiji via EMT or Paypal. I can usually get a vibe (good or bad) from the other party pretty quick and if they seem like a normal person I don't have much of an issue buying or selling online.

I recently bought a F250 that was posted on Kijiji in Quebec. I called the seller and we had a good conversation on the phone over about half an hour. After that I sent him a deposit via EMT then drove up there the following weekend to get the truck with the balance in cash.

Do your due diligence and you'll be fine.

Be careful when you click on the link that get emailed to you to login to transfer the money to your account. Whether it's paypal or other institutional make sure the dns is legit. the page may look legit..but it could be a scam to get your login and password.

I refuse to use PayPal anymore after being stung a few times on buyers claiming "item not as described' and PayPal just blindly siding with then and refunding money out of my account. It amounts to a scam and the seller seems to be automatically wrong no matter what.

yeah I refuse to use paypal after they decided to hold funds for 30 days on my seller account
had been selling electronics on ebay for years, hundreds of transaction without issues
then they put the hold on funds for items that had been shipped, without any explanation

E trans cap may have something to do with the particular banks involved, not really sure. I've been sent $3500. and have sent $2500. using TD.

RBC can send $10,000 per transaction. Last year CIBC could only receive $3000 per transaction (and told me the limit was set by Interac and was unchangeable by the bank). That was a pain in the ***. No problems this year with similar transactions, I don't know if CIBC changed my account or all accounts.

had the same issue.

yeah I refuse to use paypal after they decided to hold funds for 30 days on my seller account
had been selling electronics on ebay for years, hundreds of transaction without issues
then they put the hold on funds for items that had been shipped, without any explanation

Wow that sounds like a bunch of bull from TD. I hate TD. But every time I try to get away from them, they buy up the companies I switch to.

I've been screwed the opposite with etransfers before. As in I sent an etransfer and got crap product and then could not get a refund.

On the other hand, I recently sold my Sidi boots on Kijiji and a guy in the US actually wanted me to ship them down there. Everything went smoothly and he didn't rip me off. I was pleasantly surprised. Guess that guy liked them more than the guy that messaged me just to call me an ******* for trying to sell old boots.

Sounds more like someone got caught or caught up in something. By the second paragraph of her first post.. I got the sense she's into something she knows she shouldn't be.

Back
Top Bottom