ISP options | GTAMotorcycle.com

ISP options

LiNK666

Ran out of my Rogers promo - 100u for $60/mo. I wasn't too happy with the service. I'm looking for alternatives and deals!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Currently, I have 3 people in the house - 3 cell phones, 2 IPTV boxes and Rogers home monitoring.

I signed up for vmedia's DSL 50mbit special for $35, but no longer available.

I really really really hate Rogers and Bell. Any deals anyone can recommend? Rogers did offer me $70 - 150u for 1 year, but I don't want to pay more if I can avoid it.

The issue is cable. If I have to stick with cable I'll get the business line from Rogers. They guarantee speeds

not sure I'm following you....yes the actual physical connection with Teksavvy will be cable
or phone - DSL, same with any of the bandwidth resellers...

in the retail world in Ontario I don't think there's any other choice
except the rural providers that are Sat or tower based
but they are expensive and have monthly bandwidth limits

Pretty much all cable locally uses Rogers lines. It's the package pricing you get from the resellers. Teksavvy has been good so far.

Fido (rogers) just gave me a $150 goodwill credit, on my 60. Is one of the other providers making a move?

+2 for start.ca

Electronic Box!

I used to be with Teksavvy & switched. Couldn't be happier.

Be aware that a lot of the smaller ISPs are just reselling someone else's product, usually Teksaavy.

Go to whatismyip.com and it will tell you who controls (and routes) your IP address.

I was with Teksaavy for many years, but when I moved to a small town, their dry loop price was way high so I looked elsewhere. My current ISP is cheaper than Teksaavy, but it just resold Teksaavy.
... seems my dry loop price is going up this month.

that dry loop nonsense is a racket
something dreamed up by Bell
to make money off people that follow the anyone-but-bell mindset

Been a happy customer of Virgin both cell and internet . 55 unlimiterd internet no moden rental I know its affiliated with Bell but way better support and price imho

Be aware that a lot of the smaller ISPs are just reselling someone else's product, usually Teksaavy. Go to whatismyip.com and it will tell you who controls (and routes) your IP address. I was with Teksaavy for many years, but when I moved to a small town, their dry loop price was way high so I looked elsewhere. My current ISP is cheaper than Teksaavy, but it just resold Teksaavy. ... seems my dry loop price is going up this month.
Teksavvy resells Bell and Rogers. I just checked and Teksavvy 75 is the same price as I'm paying for Fido 60. I guess that's why Fido gave me the $150 credit to move it under $50 / month. It might be a good time to shop around now, if there is some competition in your area.

that dry loop nonsense is a racket
something dreamed up by Bell
to make money off people that follow the anyone-but-bell mindset

Could you explain how dry loop is a "racket"?
... or do you think I should be able to use Bell infrastructure free of charge?

What is a racket is Bell just reclassified me as "rural" after three years of 'urban" dry loop service, doubling the dry loop charge.

... and "Teksavvy resells Bell and Rogers", yes that's true BUT Teksaavy has their own routed network, so you don't have to use Bell or Roger's terribly overloaded routers, switches and AWFUL DNS.

Last edited:
Could you explain how dry loop is a "racket"?
... or do you think I should be able to use Bell infrastructure free of charge?

it is not free of charge, the reseller buys bulk bandwidth from Bell, and pay them for it
you pay the reseller, how do you see this as free?

and why are you using a crappy DNS?
use any DNS you like, many good, free ones

Last edited:
Been a happy customer of Virgin both cell and internet . 55 unlimiterd internet no moden rental I know its affiliated with Bell but way better support and price imho
LOL my gf had bell fibe, cancelled it to get virgin. When thy dropped the ball on the installation, she called Virgin and Bell answered hahahahaha, she thought she dialed wrong and hung up. Called again same thing, I was in tears it was so funny. It's like switching hands mid-session, still the same guy holdin the dick lol She did get a better deal though so I guess there's that.

The dry loop fee has nothing to do with band width, it is a connection fee.

I don't see it as free, I've had no problem paying dry loop fees for years, you however think it's a racket. I wonder why?
Do you want ISPs to include the dry loop charge in the upfront advertised price?

I don't want to pay for anything other than what I'm getting
cable internet has no such BS fees for not having cable TV

I call it a racket because it is just that
an extra fee for something that you don't have

if you're okay with that bro then that's cool
but it is a Bell scam

You could try Skyview Electronics.

I think dry loop fees are a bit of a scam...an extra $5 per month when the lines are already there. I don't pay for cable lines monthly. But if DSL is all you can get, it's just part of the cost I guess.

Back
Top Bottom