Who else hates electric bikes ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who else hates electric bikes ?

zheka130

Guys

Just a thought, why I don't like electric bikes

- they look stupid
- they travel practically as fast as a fit cyclist can ride a bicycle. Yet one gets zero exercise when they are on them
- they cost a lot. A used motorcycle can be bought for the same price, or at least a 50 CC Yamaha, which can travel up to 80 km/h and not impede traffic
- some new ones are made to look like motorcycles, we all now they are not :lmao:
-****** bags seem to ride them
- did I mention they look stupid?

The next time a Lightning blows you out of the water you might want to revise your rant.

quail.jpg

http://lightningmotorcycle.com

This the fastest production bike of any kind in the world.

Underpowered anything is a pain ....electric or not and electrics can accelerate quickly ...get over it.

The next time a Lightning blows you out of the water you might want to revise your rant.

quail.jpg

http://lightningmotorcycle.com

This the fastest production bike of any kind in the world.

Underpowered anything is a pain ....electric or not and electrics can accelerate quickly ...get over it.

I think he's referring to e-bikes.

Not a fan of full-blown e-scooters/motorcycles, but I am guilty of owning a type of e-bike.
And I have absolutely no regrets! (Pic below)

stromer-st1-elite-electric-bike-review-1-426x213-c-center.jpg

Cost me around $2.5k, range of 60-80km.
No insurance, gas, cheap maintenance.
When there's heavy traffic, I often times get to my destination faster than I would with a motorcycle/car (Granted I'm not travelling too far, around 15-30km).

Will be purchasing a motorcycle soon though to add to my two wheel collection! :)

Not a fan of full-blown e-scooters/motorcycles, but I am guilty of owning a type of e-bike.

When there's heavy traffic, I often times get to my destination faster than I would with a motorcycle/car (Granted I'm not travelling too far, around 15-30km).

Will be purchasing a motorcycle soon though to add to my two wheel collection! :)

Very few people have problems with your style of ebike (well no more than a typical pedal bike). The DUI scooter is almost universally reviled. There is a huge thread on this already.

Meh. To each his own. Gotta acknowledge the stones on someone willing to put themselves in the midst of rushing, impatient traffic on those things, often with a bare minimum of protective gear. On that basis alone they earn a nod from me as we pass each other.

There's always people who like a thing and who dislike the same thing .... always, always. Get used to it.

I want one...with 17" wheels, good tires and a wrestling match with a go-kart track. Would be hella fun.
The e-scooters on the street can get annoying but everyone has the right to economical transportation. I haven't seen any stats to prove they're DUI scooters. Seems like a made up stereotype to me.

Guys

Just a thought, why I don't like electric bikes

- they look stupid
- they travel practically as fast as a fit cyclist can ride a bicycle. Yet one gets zero exercise when they are on them
- they cost a lot. A used motorcycle can be bought for the same price, or at least a 50 CC Yamaha, which can travel up to 80 km/h and not impede traffic
- some new ones are made to look like motorcycles, we all now they are not :lmao:
-****** bags seem to ride them
- did I mention they look stupid?

lol - awesome

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I haven't seen any stats to prove they're DUI scooters. Seems like a made up stereotype to me.
You wouldn't find any statistics, because they're never pulled over, and I mean never, even when blatantly breaking the law. If they were ever pulled over, then you'd see an arrest statistic because it's prohibited to ride them if you've lost your licence to a dui. However, it is inevitable that a large percentage of ebike owners ride them because they are for whatever reason, unable to hold a valid m license. Some because they are dui, some because they can't pass the test, some disqualified due to back child support claims etc. But the larger portion of those wold most likely be dui, most probably don't even realise how much trouble they can get into, and the ones who do know, don't care because they know that cops ALWAYS turn a blind eye to them.

There's really not many ways to explain why a person would want to pay so much money to look so stupid and go so slow, with such high safety risk and security risk. $3k to park an untraceable piece of electronics in my driveway, when I can get a license for a few hundred dollars all in and a half decent used real bike for under 2k? Nope no thanks.

And that is why people assume that they are prohibited in some way from having a real bike or a car, and most of the time those assumptions will be correct.

You wouldn't find any statistics, because they're never pulled over, and I mean never, even when blatantly breaking the law. If they were ever pulled over, then you'd see an arrest statistic because it's prohibited to ride them if you've lost your licence to a dui. However, it is inevitable that a large percentage of ebike owners ride them because they are for whatever reason, unable to hold a valid m license. Some because they are dui, some because they can't pass the test, some disqualified due to back child support claims etc. But the larger portion of those wold most likely be dui, most probably don't even realise how much trouble they can get into, and the ones who do know, don't care because they know that cops ALWAYS turn a blind eye to them.

There's really not many ways to explain why a person would want to pay so much money to look so stupid and go so slow, with such high safety risk and security risk. $3k to park an untraceable piece of electronics in my driveway, when I can get a license for a few hundred dollars all in and a half decent used real bike for under 2k? Nope no thanks.

And that is why people assume that they are prohibited in some way from having a real bike or a car, and most of the time those assumptions will be correct.

I wouldn't have as much a problem with them if they had insurance.

Insurance would need some certificate of competency ie Drivers Licence

To make sure the thing is fit for the road a licence plate would be needed.

End of E-bikes.

I want one...with 17" wheels, good tires and a wrestling match with a go-kart track. Would be hella fun.
The e-scooters on the street can get annoying but everyone has the right to economical transportation. I haven't seen any stats to prove they're DUI scooters. Seems like a made up stereotype to me.

see https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dai...-ontario-drunk-drivers-e-bikes-203142592.html

Here's some news articles on people on DUI charges getting charged on eBikes

http://www.saultstar.com/2012/11/10/laws-on-e-bikes-need-to-be-clear--millroy
https://www.thespec.com/news-story/5642682-e-bike-rider-facing-drunk-driving-charges/

Seems eBikes and DUI charged riders are very common. Maybe a stereotype, but you know, so stereotyped things come from when some is deemed to be "common"... ie. Sport Bikes being fast and reckless, Cruisers being slow , Adventure Bike guys in Hi Viz, Hipsters in Flannel on their Cafe Racers etc etc..

see https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dai...-ontario-drunk-drivers-e-bikes-203142592.html

Here's some news articles on people on DUI charges getting charged on eBikes

http://www.saultstar.com/2012/11/10/laws-on-e-bikes-need-to-be-clear--millroy
https://www.thespec.com/news-story/5642682-e-bike-rider-facing-drunk-driving-charges/

Seems eBikes and DUI charged riders are very common. Maybe a stereotype, but you know, so stereotyped things come from when some is deemed to be "common"... ie. Sport Bikes being fast and reckless, Cruisers being slow , Adventure Bike guys in Hi Viz, Hipsters in Flannel on their Cafe Racers etc etc..

An article highlighting 2 instances from 10 years ago and an article from 2 years ago with a 3rd instance is hardly "common".

The first article points out loopholes and only says 1 or 2 confirmed instances in Toronto a month.

Sounds like you've personally spoken to a lot of eBike users and know their circumstances...

According to that legal loophole article, you're wrong on the inability to use them if you have a DUI. They're not considered limited speed motor vehicles if under 32km/h top sped and have pedals, which makes them a bicycle.

Who pays 3k for an eBike, anyway?

supposedly people that can get grants for mobility scooters can get an e-bike by having the paperwork written as mobility vehicle. So when you see a morbidly obese person on an e-bike, maybe you paid 3k for it......

There is a really funny one in Kitchener. It has a bunch of real motorcycle body parts on it and a ton of LED lights of all different colours. It's electric and slow but when you see it coming you are like what the **** is that thing?

They have this bike now, showing up in mississauga and brampton...its EMMO

Looks like a 250R/300R , Honda Grom etc.

Seem like they are Chinese knockoffs but electric scooters...

zone_black_1-121856_850x500.jpg

Knight-Matt%20Black-1000x667.jpg

Just curious as I've been considering getting one of these bikes for myself for commuting and squeezing a bit of exercise in next year, what bike do you have?

Everything I find is around $2.5k before taxes.

Back
Top Bottom