Get out there ....Oct 2017 version | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Get out there ....Oct 2017 version

Time to head home....it's still nice out but now can feel the damp air in front of the rain.....had my break for the day. Squeezing the riding lemon hard since I missed Sept entirely ...

Looks like still some decent days later this week. :D

Cloud cover came in. Now I’m sitting in a restaurant, warming up before I head home.

Do I take another 509 run or straight up the 7? Hmm. A nice quandary to have.

We seem to be dodging the main event .....it might continue to skid north of us but that colder circulation is going to kick in.
Retired the lighter gear today and hooked up the heated gloves. :D

https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

This is oklay weather to continue to ride into November

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/14-day-weather-trend/ontario/mississauga

Mid teens is just fine.

AgdAJ-XHSt9beU7D7o9HNplDUt-AP6mO43KtotcBpfdyJzj_7DRPXWGUttfwTRVPkHJzJT7ZkyfYGoCDdtTjFdjAIyHFfATUPR_kMl4K37cb-Qdk9t0kE1ZLoCYq1GUj116UKjjNXfO4ZUP0JV6Xl71mFEs7UddPWiiWrfAITc2wy7sn0NAaKBQY2fjqjZC1HQcwqntAcYZZIdaz7Zeq7WAiMd1_G-0ahi-L71FVBh5yyzGx_cn57zMmfTB5ZWBEupee6jAZyZM3FisSPzCJkxAWNLenbujHGVLy5oglQxD_wZqGtn0jQ29OaJ3ZR3GxHtZA5UfDaKyhITFUhYkFByNk1CiLcTCQ6tbJWsWt1eTEyULpJYOISJxww39azDQkQn9FV-PNk_j8aV7GBis78oD3ESNPa_e8Yp2lYm-bPYM0veny-5jb-q22SS4lfQunkJcq6p13lYsenRqwlayzMCeefL1yc1OhWmSH4UUcBCJtAQy23rb9BZcx_v5aqeXthZdbPQadxaaYdur4N_YzGFzMRk3qqm4tfr_8cwrrNWx9h_aTO9qBpiOtQQ-vKaNTrTwG0xFrHbOMLw9Lh8Hd_hxxWB4JmtvrIivQDve0oLA=w2020-h444-no

Sure appreciated all the layers on my jacket this morning. Did regular pants but longer socks, and was fine. The only thing I noticed is the ends of my fingers were pretty chilly by the time I was done. Looks like it's time to investigate warmer gloves. :)

Was a cool ride back home tonight. Didn't really notice how cold it was until I got home and saw frost on everything. Thermometer read 0c. Had the Gerbings on and heated handlebars. Fog on the visor so I put some anti-fog on. Will be cold tomorrow too, but I shall trudge on undeterred.

My season is done....had my shoulder surgery today and theres no way I'll be doing much aside from looking at my bike for at least 3-4 months. :sad7:

My season is done....had my shoulder surgery today and theres no way I'll be doing much aside from looking at my bike for at least 3-4 months. :sad7:

Hope it went well.

My season is done....had my shoulder surgery today

oh ugh ...nassssty ...hope that went well GWS rider.

I'm lugging a set of new Metzlers I scored cheap over for mounting....my mechanic had a cancellation otherwise would be tomorrow and wet - instead supposed to be 15 and sunny. Days are way too short now ...long johns, multi-layers.....

Well, I guess you did it at the right time. You should be ready for riding season next year, hopefully without that throbbing pain.

Well, I guess you did it at the right time. You should be ready for riding season next year, hopefully without that throbbing pain.

Thx everyone. Yes I was lucky that the timing worked out that it really didn't interfere with this riding season, and I should be good to go in April if next year's gets off to an early start.

Pretty sore today but that's not unexpected, Percocets and my new ice therapy machine are my best friends right now, as is voice dictation on my phone. Learning how to do everything with your wrong hand is proving not much fun though.

On the bright side the surgeon said the repair went well and he's scheduled me to start physiotherapy a bit early - once I can get the immobilizer sling off in a month or so things will be much more normal.

What a nice day at the Forks ....jacket off in the sun ....lovely. 14 - did not quite reach the promised 16 but still comfy ..wore my intermediate jacket too.
Will ride home in the dark tho ...no interest in traffic.

Thx everyone. Yes I was lucky that the timing worked out that it really didn't interfere with this riding season, and I should be good to go in April if next year's gets off to an early start.

Pretty sore today but that's not unexpected, Percocets and my new ice therapy machine are my best friends right now, as is voice dictation on my phone. Learning how to do everything with your wrong hand is proving not much fun though.

On the bright side the surgeon said the repair went well and he's scheduled me to start physiotherapy a bit early - once I can get the immobilizer sling off in a month or so things will be much more normal.
GWS! I hear those shoulder surgeries are a b!tch to deal with. Takes so long to heal!

Do you already have a good physio? :)

That timing really was good. Here's to your smooth and fast recovery, and an early start to the riding season that you'll be fully ready for!

GWS! I hear those shoulder surgeries are a b!tch to deal with. Takes so long to heal!

Do you already have a good physio? :)

Yeah, I have a great guy at a place within a reasonable walking distance of my house which is good since I can't drive right now. also really lucky that my wife has unlimited physiotherapy coverage through her benefits which means I can go to a private clinic versus the OHIP funded one...and more frequently as well.

Not bad out today ...had the heated gloves on really might not have needed ...all else okay. A few bikes at the Forks - tons of people tho.

I think I saw you heading north while I was heading south. This was a full-leathers + sweater underneath day.

I had one extra layer with me ..my ColdPruf - sitting outside with it on and will use it riding home. Hands and feet okay but the foot warmers will be fun to try.
8c - no wind - no sun - no rain ...it's okay ...quite a few bikes out given single digits.

Back
Top Bottom