Get out there ....Oct 2017 version | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Get out there ....Oct 2017 version

Today I still made the smart play and took the truck to work in 1c weather, and went for a ride when I got home when it was almost 20c outside. Yea it's hurting my gas budget, but it's alot safer and more comfortable. Base layers don't help your tire compound in nearly freezing temps guys, remember that.

Finally back out after a week of being down due to a broken clutch cable, man I missed commuting on the bike. Hopefully we get a few more weeks of decent temps.

Today I still made the smart play and took the truck to work in 1c weather, and went for a ride when I got home when it was almost 20c outside. Yea it's hurting my gas budget, but it's alot safer and more comfortable. Base layers don't help your tire compound in nearly freezing temps guys, remember that.

Dialing it back will help :)

I'm still game to commute in these morning temps until we have moisture that can potentially be black ice, then the car will get tagged in.

So... commuted this morning with my liners... and was kinda too warm.

This weather is so undecisive.

Currently out right now.
A little windy, but the temp is perfect.

Got 500 km in by 4 pm today down to Letchworth and some New York back roads
Out of shape for riding tho ...shoulder is sore but was a really nice day out.

Another great day for riding, I rode up thru wasaga beach and tiny and into penetang then took 93 back to the 400. Wasn't the least bit cold. Tomorrow looks like another warm day, possibly the last one this year.

Insanely busy at the Forks .about as congested as I've seen

v2

old guard got their spots early

v2

I lucked out with comfy seat in the shade. :D

Lots of yellowjackets if they bother you - bit saner as I've still got my earphones in ;)

New owner has done a nice job with additional seating and broader menu but not a lot of price creep.

Last edited:
Beautiful day today. Capped it off 1/2-hour ago by taking the Tuono to her storage facility and winterizing the Fazer in prep for storage in my garage. :(

Insanely busy at the Forks .about as congested as I've seen

v2

old guard got their spots early

v2

I lucked out with comfy seat in the shade. :D

Lots of yellowjackets if they bother you - bit saner as I've still got my earphones in ;)

New owner has done a nice job with additional seating and broader menu but not a lot of price creep.

I recognize someone in that photo. Rode by there earlier and thought I also saw your black bike and yellow helmet too - maybe your doppleganger.

You likely have the day for riding ...then a bit of a drenching ....not sure beyond that ...still warm - heading out to the Forks - light cloud

Tut..tut ....rather nice out ...not hint of rain and a bit easier to work outside with the light cloud. No wind at all.
The front is coming but not very quickly

Rode in. Brought rain gear. I'm surprised a lot of bikes actually have also ridden in. If the weather wasn't gonna get warmer i wouldn't have done it. I can do rain, and i can do cold. But i hate doing both at the same time.

yup ....I skipped the rain gear ...figure I've got a good handle on the weather front and it's only 20 minutes to home.
Fancy Honda jacket can stand a sprinkle ....too warm for the Scott.
Just really nice day to work outside

Back
Top Bottom