Get out there ....Oct 2017 version | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Get out there ....Oct 2017 version

Bike is staying put this weekend, plus I got other things I need to do/stop ignoring/procrastinating on. Next weekend looks a lot better though, so fingers crossed it stays warmer and sunny. Not that many good weekends left this year before average temps drop below 10 and they start salting the roads again overnight...

Geez - that cold front just arrived in Mississauga .....what a crazy nasty squall liine ....I'd

P10Bno5jVg5glGUSNID64-OOO1cYiRIn6sWNFqi0EekP12UhYD2JMeT1swmSz7FrePRs_eWVkHRtoxuKPfDpxcwTzo-h8vbT87zDdEpigzNN-PnZgsxkS9-EgeEsdGPfh3fjSQ1OhOGvAaQxxkmOSDSzMJzneYbACkeT4M5EzkOFUOMK40CuQSvTxtLPrq1TQJNTxCaEeThqxINFxE5G2AiKPYx3nBX8xOdrtagWwPqaAeT4jvt9XiiW84_zkV-QofXUr9TSBzhje2d1PI3veUrGbcKMeUC50i-zTsqefy1RkYoQ5Ljp3IuLcrb6UqNTBxyrLEso5yE1fP3NBb0M9zhh-wyuuCpHF7T0Z8wlDS1Cat9nPNpX7D1fnL84DsOzheikpk6Wba9NCoYKohHULCRV9cQICuwjxAWaQDoE1FMyFcjtQ0cRKIWR-hr7ZUE_2ZozcDruSvW9Y-Q8L8cjnkpigyhlYDbgsnbwFMV61eopX9sSL_n5Y0Jz7zTtXxaMOWTaaf_6881_8ArpY26jJwjWzdEkgUNQQNsgMxRddOcWqxDEGLpy8Jpi5VVx9g8k0u1yJUyQhAKjxVIDMaIezpOESDQpxNkiImlC4l6hOQI=w448-h660-no

Horizontal and heavy rain line..... I would NOT want to be on the bike.

I got suckered. I've been working on my race bike this weekend but wanted a break. I looked outside around 1 PM, roads had dried out ... I went for a little scoot.

I got soaked, and it felt like I was riding sideways.

The bike got a wash, and the clothes are in the dryer, and my phone survived.

I got suckered. I've been working on my race bike this weekend but wanted a break. I looked outside around 1 PM, roads had dried out ... I went for a little scoot.

I got soaked, and it felt like I was riding sideways.

The bike got a wash, and the clothes are in the dryer, and my phone survived.

I wandered over to square one from North York earlier, tried to meet someone for coffee around 12:30 and plans fell through. Debated staying in the area and relaxing for a bit but decided to head home.

Glad i did!

Came through here a few hours ago. About 5 minutes of rain (only about 1 of which was heavy), a bit of wind, and it was gone. From the looks of Facebook everyone around us got hit much harder...heck, 3 blocks away the power has been out for hours now, photos of snapped hydro poles in Peterborough, report of a 100+KPH gust of wind at Pearson.

Meh, boring is good. Nothing is broken, bent, or missing here at least.

3 degrees this morning brrrr....I was wearing long johns and still my legs felt cold. I am guessing I need to wear a pair of sweat pants over?

3 degrees this morning brrrr....I was wearing long johns and still my legs felt cold. I am guessing I need to wear a pair of sweat pants over?

Yeah i toughed it out as well, fingers were frozen..need to look at some different gloves for this time of year.

This looks promising for Bradford PA

Capture.PNG

I gotta love my 3-season gear. I was basically sweating in "5-degrees-feels-like-1" temperature this morning. Until i reach highway speeds...then my fingers didn't feel hot anymore...just cool.

I also need better gloves..or handguards.

You guys with cold hands have to get yourselves some snowmobile mitts. They're a little clumsy, but less so than froze on fingers.
A quilted jacket under the textile jacket and a rain jacket over top. I felt a bit like a penguin; a warm penguin

Sent from my X5max_PRO using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Ya it was chilly today. I've only started riding recently so this is a little bit of a surprise to me. Need to get better pants to keep the legs a little warmer, and maybe socks which run a little higher. Hugging the bike (engine) helped a little sometimes :p, but it was the wind that did it. Also I should have worn one more layer. Heated grips worked great. Only only level 2 was needed.

I had work pants, motorcycle pants and rain pants, which seemed to do it. I was considering getting waterproof insulated rain pants from Mark's work warehouse, but in the end decided layering gave me more flexibility for my dollar.

I had a Ford this morning lol

You guys with cold hands have to get yourselves some snowmobile mitts. They're a little clumsy, but less so than froze on fingers.
A quilted jacket under the textile jacket and a rain jacket over top. I felt a bit like a penguin; a warm penguin

Or just get good cold weather motorcycle gear...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Broke out the base layers today, also brought out the gauntlets but fingers still need attention :(

Some woman slammed into the back of me yesterday. Idiot. Luckily I was driving my car. Kind of sobering experience. If I was on my bike I would be in hospital for weeks. Wearing the Gerbings today with ski pants. Only 5C in the big O today.

-2 when I left the house this morning. I had added an extra layer so I was fine. Many more overnights like that though and I'll have to call it due to risk of black ice.

Waaaah ...lovely out and can't get away ...likely the next three days....sux.....I did eye the base layers as well,

Supposed to wait until next week for doctor clearance after hand surgery I had to repair damage from minor spill at beginning of June but weather is too nice today through Sunday. Just had quick hour ride to test out hand and get back in the saddle. Felt so good to ride again - little hesitant in left turns / bends at first. I guess my mind/body still remembers the spill. Looking forward to a few more rides before fall weather arrives.

Back
Top Bottom