Clever toll evasion technique caught on Toronto toll booth video cam | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Clever toll evasion technique caught on Toronto toll booth video cam

I cheated the 407 everyday for a few months, then every time I used it for school via flip plate.

At one point a cop pulled me over and gave me a warning for having a sketchy plate so I moved the plate back to stock position.

So now I just hold a micro wheelie instead!

And @RockerGuy, global adjustment is a far worse ******** charge.

油井緋色;2528789 said:

That's Gary's answer. Wheelie through the camera zone.

油井緋色;2528789 said:
I cheated the 407 everyday for a few months, then every time I used it for school via flip plate.

At one point a cop pulled me over and gave me a warning for having a sketchy plate so I moved the plate back to stock position.

And @RockerGuy, global adjustment is a far worse ******** charge.

My flip plate is mounted on the most far back point on my bike, still easy to reach back there and flip it and then flip back once you are through the gate. Not sure why people need to move the license plate to under the seat, its just a ticket waiting to happen.

My flip plate is mounted on the most far back point on my bike, still easy to reach back there and flip it and then flip back once you are through the gate. Not sure why people need to move the license plate to under the seat, its just a ticket waiting to happen.

my harley comes stock with the plate hidden under the beer box

I think your appendages are longer than mine lol

Mine was mounted a little behind the seat, so reaching it to flip it wasn't hard.

If I move it any further back, the tire risks smashing into the plate. And if I moved it far enough away from where the tire would smash it, I'd have to superman cover it.

I took the 407 just once when picking up a new bike which was on a piggyback hitch carrier behind my truck. No plate on bike and rear truck plate must have been blocked by the carrier...never saw that bill.

What's the worst they can charge you with for taking the 407 with a bike rack on the hitch?

HTA 13 (3.1) The number plates shall not be obstructed by any device or material that prevents the entire number plates including the numbers from being identified by an electronic toll system.

67. Obstruct plate 13(2) $85.00

or maybe even -

191.3 (1) No person shall engage in an activity or use any device or material for the purpose of evading, obstructing or interfering with the effective operation of an electronic toll system.

540.6 Engage in activity to evade toll system 191.3(1) $85.00

Last edited:
Flip plate is a far worse thing to get caught with than no plate.

A friend of a friend (meaning I don't know if this is true) was flipping his plate up when on the 407 and it worked for a while. Apparently he used the same route and times for his commute which led to the police waiting for him. I wouldn't scold someone for cheating the system, but for myself, I follow the rule of 'If you don't like the rules, don't play in that sandbox'

I doubt the police are trained to care much about toll enforcement given the funds aren't going back into the Canadian pool. I'm not saying it didn't happen but I suspect it is far down their list of concerns.

I doubt the police are trained to care much about toll enforcement given the funds aren't going back into the Canadian pool. I'm not saying it didn't happen but I suspect it is far down their list of concerns.

If you're daily at around the same time on the same entrance, they will camp and wait for you.

IIRC, the OPP on the 407 are paid by the 407 corp. I'm sure they have special performance targets, just like the OPP on public hwy duty.

So question for you fellas that are OK with stealing services from a large corporation, where is the line in the sand for you? Some free kilometers, little cheating on your expense reports, waitress gives you back the wrong change?
Not being judgemental, just curious where the bar sits.

What's the worst they can charge you with for taking the 407 with a bike rack on the hitch?

A friend of mine towed an open motorcycle trailer behind his car on the 407. The car, trailer, and one of the two bikes on the trailer had different owners. They ALL got billed separately. Customer service was anything but; I'm not sure if this ever got sorted out.

The 407 can stick it where the sun don't shine ... but legally, by not using it.

So question for you fellas that are OK with stealing services from a large corporation, where is the line in the sand for you? Some free kilometers, little cheating on your expense reports, waitress gives you back the wrong change?

None of the above, just simply not paying for something my taxes already paid for and was sold due to mismanagement of stupid people elected by stupid people.

I don't cheat on anything else, as a matter of fact, I don't even expense all the kilometers I should for work and if I have a lunch that I would have had anyways if I wasn't on a work trip I don't expense that neither.

To me as a matter of fact is an issue of principle... I go out of my way to cheat the 407 and I feel a little bit happy everytime

Anyone who is doing something that you deem wrong does not see it as something wrong. Anyone committing a crime has a pretty damn good reason for doing it, even murder.

In the case of what you see as theft...

We paid for the 407 in our tax money. It was supposed to relieve congestion from the 401. It got sold, and now we're paying one of the most expensive toll rates in the world. So yeah, **** the rules in this case.

Same goes for the government double/triple/quad/infinite dipping in taxes. Anyone who pays taxes gets double dipped already if buying anything from Canada. Used cars are literal infinite dipping.

When systems exist to exploit others, I will exploit the system to the best of my ability.

Back
Top Bottom