Clever toll evasion technique caught on Toronto toll booth video cam | GTAMotorcycle.com

Clever toll evasion technique caught on Toronto toll booth video cam

One of my buddies can cover his plate with his left hand while on his bike getting onto the 407, has never been caught. This picture honestly doesn't seem too bad. You'd be surprised how many people cheat the 407

What's to prevent them from putting a few cameras further down just to pick up cheaters?

I don't have a problem with it. I generally try to respect the law of the land. In the states, I don't mind tolls; 5 to 7 bucks seems reasonable, but here, paying $15 for a short hop burns my ***. I just got a good laugh; from the caption, I was expecting something... I don't know... more high tech.

A friend of a friend (meaning I don't know if this is true) was flipping his plate up when on the 407 and it worked for a while. Apparently he used the same route and times for his commute which led to the police waiting for him. I wouldn't scold someone for cheating the system, but for myself, I follow the rule of 'If you don't like the rules, don't play in that sandbox'

A friend of a friend (meaning I don't know if this is true) was flipping his plate up when on the 407 and it worked for a while. Apparently he used the same route and times for his commute which led to the police waiting for him. I wouldn't scold someone for cheating the system, but for myself, I follow the rule of 'If you don't like the rules, don't play in that sandbox'

They do look for a pattern and send the police to wait . Plus they have a look out list for abusers .

I've probably spent thousands on the 407 tolls. Worth it? Well I avoid the 401 so imo priceless.
Ya gotta pay to play. And you will pay, one way or the other.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

That's damn funny. I've spent thousands on that blasted highway out of necessity, time is money, so I love seeing people stick it to them.

Thankfully stock plate location is just deep enough with the tour pak that there’s never been a toll bill. No cheating necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've probably spent thousands on the 407 tolls. Worth it? Well I avoid the 401 so imo priceless.
Ya gotta pay to play. And you will pay, one way or the other.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Well you've already paid for it once (maybe twice the way we get taxed here)..now you are paying for it again.
No thanks.

https://imgur.com/jaYuhQa

This is pretty high tech stuff. I'm thinking of organizing a kickstarter to market this.

Looks like a whole lot of effort to me.

I evade the 407 tolls by not using it.

Ditto. Took it once when it first opened - between all the fees for not having a transponder etc etc I ended up paying $40 or something for a 20KM round trip. That was the last time I was ever on it.

They do look for a pattern and send the police to wait . Plus they have a look out list for abusers .
I use the same entry point and exit point every day for the past 4 years with a flipped plate, yet to see someone waiting for me... do you guys really think the 407 gives a **** about a few people cheating with all the millions of our dollars coming in every day?

Do I feel bad about cheating the 407? **** no. I did 3500km in Europe of toll roads and I paid 160 euros. I pay 13 dollars plus 1 dollar per every trip to work, it is 140 a week for less than 500km.

Problem is, it was robbed from us. It was built from our taxes then sold/leased to a foreign enterprise.

I use the same entry point and exit point every day for the past 4 years with a flipped plate, yet to see someone waiting for me... do you guys really think the 407 gives a **** about a few people cheating with all the millions of our dollars coming in every day?

Do I feel bad about cheating the 407? **** no. I did 3500km in Europe of toll roads and I paid 160 euros. I pay 13 dollars plus 1 dollar per every trip to work, it is 140 a week for less than 500km.

I have a friend that had a thing that made his plate black when he went through the cameras. Worked great for a few years. Then he got a threatening letter in the mail and a $500 bill. He just paid it because he figured he owed them thousands.

Thankfully stock plate location is just deep enough with the tour pak that there’s never been a toll bill. No cheating necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard the same thing about FLH Harleys. Apparently, the beer box hangs over the plate enough to block the plate from the camera.

Problem is, it was robbed from us. It was built from our taxes then sold/leased to a foreign enterprise.

It was sold to pay a hydro bond.

So it was mismanagement used to pay off earlier mismanagement, which was incurred with earlier mismanagement.
The toilet that is Ontario finances.

I've heard the same thing about FLH Harleys. Apparently, the beer box hangs over the plate enough to block the plate from the camera.

...which is technically against the law in Ontario. But then Harley gets to sell that bike with the plate mounted on the left side of the swingarm, which when replicated on a sport bike gets you tickets, but because it is stock, on a harley you get a pass.

It was sold to pay a hydro bond.

So it was mismanagement used to pay off earlier mismanagement, which was incurred with earlier mismanagement.
The toilet that is Ontario finances.
Like the hydro bill? "debt retirement charge"

Back
Top Bottom