Goodbye KLR, welcome Husky! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Goodbye KLR, welcome Husky!

DemonPig

Do not cast your pearls before swine
Site Supporter
I'll miss the beast but I've decided to sell my KLR in order to purchase something more trail ready.

Now, those long, gravel road trips up north will have to wait. ... If only our insurance system wasn't so retarded, I'd keep the 650 as well.

Husqvarna I'm getting is an older model, a 2008 TE450.
If anyone has any parts for that bike, mainly a larger tank and a luggage rack for the rear, let me know.

My buddy has the 450. It's a weapon!

Giggle factor in all gears.

He made the mistake of loaning it to me on the farm, so my KLR stayed on its side stand until last light. :D

Congratulations!

That part makes it extra fun when you dump it in the mud. :)

Actually, even though it died on me today for god knows why reason, I already enjoyed the light weight. Pushing that thing is a walk in the park while pushing the KLR was a boot camp.

A bit sad though, because was gonna hit dirt for the first time on an actual dirt bike. Just kept shutting off while in gear but not right away. Maybe fuel pump? I signed up on cafehusky, waiting for them to approve me so I can post away.

Let me know when you find out.

That sucks heartily this close to the end of the season.

You could always fix it then stud some old tires... :). My brother did it with his KLR and a box of machine screws.

Am I thinking you're a different dude? Didn't you have a ktm 950 and 300?

Actually, even though it died on me today for god knows why reason, I already enjoyed the light weight. Pushing that thing is a walk in the park while pushing the KLR was a boot camp.

A bit sad though, because was gonna hit dirt for the first time on an actual dirt bike. Just kept shutting off while in gear but not right away. Maybe fuel pump? I signed up on cafehusky, waiting for them to approve me so I can post away.

Congratulations on the new bike; they're nice.

Forgive the obvious (or possibly stupid) question, but does it have a side stand switch? My KTM 950 ADV had one and it caused an issue similar to yours. AS I recall, my XR650L did the same think.

Forgive the obvious (or possibly stupid) question, but does it have a side stand switch? My KTM 950 ADV had one and it caused an issue similar to yours. AS I recall, my XR650L did the same think.

Hahaha!

I wheelies my KLR too often and the connectors behind the dash separated opening up all those safeties and left me on the roadside.

Good call, check the safety interlocks.

Good point but don't think it does. Unfortunately, the only owner's manual I have been able to find so far is in Italian.... Nothing comes up on google either as an issue so I doubt it ever had the switch.

Back
Top Bottom