Ganaraska | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ganaraska

Thank you for taking one for the team this year, now I have nothing to worry about for the rest of the season.
I tagged one two weeks ago as well if it makes you worry less. Along the WF/CF border there's a large tree down at the bottom of a hill then it immediately forks left/right. I hopped the tree nicely, made a left and on the uphill there was two more trees down staggered 4m apart. Second one sent me sideways into a tree. Gear/guards saved me but not my knee when I planted and twisted. Got a ACL strain thingy now. Limping but still been out 4 times since.

I tagged one two weeks ago as well if it makes you worry less. Along the WF/CF border there's a large tree down at the bottom of a hill then it immediately forks left/right. I hopped the tree nicely, made a left and on the uphill there was two more trees down staggered 4m apart. Second one sent me sideways into a tree. Gear/guards saved me but not my knee when I planted and twisted. Got a ACL strain thingy now. Limping but still been out 4 times since.
I hope you are healed up. I know most of us don't recover like we used to.

Going for the first time to Hanny this Sunday. Really excited like my first track day.

How do the trails compare to gopher dunes? I went last Sunday. Sandy af. Sorry for the noob question.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I hope you are healed up. I know most of us don't recover like we used to.
Thanks. It's healed up well enough to do leg day but it's def not happy about it. Doesn't go out so I'm happy enough with that.

Going for the first time to Hanny this Sunday. Really excited like my first track day.

How do the trails compare to gopher dunes? I went last Sunday. Sandy af. Sorry for the noob question.

I'll be there Sunday afternoon parking in Porter lot (Black Mazda SUV) if you need company. I have my engagement/housewarming party the night before so in case I'm not in well enough condition by Sunday I'll be there Monday :)

Thanks. It's healed up well enough to do leg day but it's def not happy about it. Doesn't go out so I'm happy enough with that.

I'll be there Sunday afternoon parking in Porter lot (Black Mazda SUV) if you need company. I have my engagement/housewarming party the night before so in case I'm not in well enough condition by Sunday I'll be there Monday :)
That's p6? I might take u up on that offer. I'll be driving a grey Tiguan with a crf250l and a wr250r.

What times are the trails open?

That's p6? I might take u up on that offer. I'll be driving a grey Tiguan with a crf250l and a wr250r.

What times are the trails open?

That's a funny question, had to think about it, don't think they ever close for the season, not sure anyone will be anywhere at any point to stop you from entering too early.

I am there at least twice a week, always Wednesday evenings and a day in the weekend, message if you want someone to drag you around. I know some good single trails

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Our party didn't shut down until 4am this morning so I didn't make it out today however I'll be at Porter lot around 1pm tomorrow for the afternoon if anyone wants to hit some singletrack.

That's a funny question, had to think about it, don't think they ever close for the season, not sure anyone will be anywhere at any point to stop you from entering too early.

I am there at least twice a week, always Wednesday evenings and a day in the weekend, message if you want someone to drag you around. I know some good single trails

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
What a blast. I didn't know what to expect but thanks for the offer to show us around. We got a friend of a friend to show us the ropes but we slowed him down too much so we did our own thing after lunch.
b3cbd8711caf44c2048cdca64d355875.jpg

At what temps do people usually end the season at ganny? Was thinking of going this Sunday but it's only a high of 1

I don't like to ride in less than about 8 degrees. I have gear that keeps me warm enough but isn't bulky. Anything more is too bulky and I find it hard to ride.

At what temps do people usually end the season at ganny? Was thinking of going this Sunday but it's only a high of 1

I might be there Sunday. Might be snow and slush in the trails though. Normal people do not ride in these conditions.

It isn't so much me being cold (I might regret saying that) but I don't want to hit ice and such.

I'll try it out Sunday and see.

There's quite a bit of snow in there right now but still plenty of traction underneath! Just have to slow down a bit. The Southwestern single track trails stay pretty dry so ice shouldnt be too much of an issue.

If you can keep your hands and feet somewhat warm you'll be fine. Some neoprene gloves and gore-tex socks will help. I'll ride right up until the last day of November.

Monday is going to be 5c so I'll be in there. Same temp about 10 days ago the last time I was out and it's a lil chilly at standstill but I'm plenty warm after a few minutes of riding. Cheap Latex gloves under my mx gloves cuts out the cold wind and keeps my hands warm enough.

Went today. Sketchy at first but once I got comfortable there was traction there. Started snowing in the afternoon and made it hard to see and got slick. Overall good day. Loving dirt so far. Extended the riding. season.
a5a65de126cb7052e83fc4b48ccc689b.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom