Ganaraska | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ganaraska

"you would think that maybe it being the main building with trails that go right through it that they might figure out a parking lot on that side of the forest. There’s a lot to unload your horse there..."

there's 2 things to consider -

1. The central forest is off limits to motorized use. You can travel on the access roads but not the trails. Allowing parking/unloading in that area MAY make some think it's OK to ride there.

2. Horses are not dirt bikes / ATV's. They don't make noise, they have big doe-eyes, you can pet them and you can see the face of the rider and say hello.

I remember when they consolidated the parking areas and enforced it. It was specifically because of noise and too much motorized activity near the forest centre & in the central forest.

And I still think you're overstating the blind hills issue. I was in my truck last weekend and met 2 groups from trail tours and a group of ATV's with no issues for anybody. if you feel differently you should approach it in a manner that keeps you comfortable.

My point/belief is that the situation as it stands, is the best it will get, EVER. They're NOT going to do anything to make it easier for, or more attractive to motorized users.

All of which encourages me to go to the east forest, whether for riding, or walking. There's rarely anybody there, parking is a no hassle breeze and the single track is a nice +/- 20 km. loop that starts and ends at the parking lot.

Ok.

All of which encourages me to go to the east forest, whether for riding, or walking. There's rarely anybody there, parking is a no hassle breeze and the single track is a nice +/- 20 km. loop that starts and ends at the parking lot.

We rode to the East forest, 10km each way I believe?.. which parking lot is the closest to the trail that you mention? I'm new to Ganny.

We rode to the East forest, 10km each way I believe?.. which parking lot is the closest to the trail that you mention? I'm new to Ganny.

I think it's numbered P5. It's off 10th line, which intersects with County Rd. 10 (the 401 exit for Welcome).

It's worthwhile to grab the forest maps if you have a chance, particularly if you're unfamiliar with the area.

Speaking of maps ... anyone aware of google map versions of Ganaraska west or east?

I think it's numbered P5. It's off 10th line, which intersects with County Rd. 10 (the 401 exit for Welcome).

It's worthwhile to grab the forest maps if you have a chance, particularly if you're unfamiliar with the area.

I'll most likely grab some at some point. Right now I'm a "follower" of my friends who ride there regularly. :)

Speaking of maps ... anyone aware of google map versions of Ganaraska west or east?

I found this, which you most probably have seen before.. Its not google, but seems to have some trails marked.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/ganaraska-forest/map/

Download Maprika on your phone. The forest map is in there and it'll tell you where you are on it.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
0d088f319b5b8c23bb98c3d9e3cd5888.jpg

Download Maprika on your phone. The forest map is in there and it'll tell you where you are on it.

Oh that's sweet! Thanks for that.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

how do you find that map? i searched ganaraska but just gives me a google rendering without the trails shows on your pic.

Edit: Got it, am I ever a happy camper... Thank you so much for this.

Last edited:
I used this map to add some of the way points to "my places" like the lookout etc.

TM_TrailTours001.jpg

I used this map to add some of the way points to "my places" like the lookout etc.

Cool .... Can you click export places and post the file up? This way we could import them into our profiles.

Last edited:
Cool .... Can you click export places and post the file up? This way we could import them into our profiles.

yeah, that would be handy. thanks in advance!

I am looking at the app on my android and can't find how to export. I will try reading online how

When you are in "My places" ... access context menu through three vertical dots right top corner, there should be "Export all places". This should crank out some file which we should be able to upload via "Import places" ... I never tried it being new to the app as well, but that is my guess how it should work.

When you are in "My places" ... access context menu through three vertical dots right top corner, there should be "Export all places". This should crank out some file which we should be able to upload via "Import places" ... I never tried it being new to the app as well, but that is my guess how it should work.

guessing that ZX600 wasn't able to export his data?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom