Heated gloves, or winter gloves? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heated gloves, or winter gloves?

Both, with heated grips. I prefer the comfort of winter gloves, with heated grips can ride at pretty low temps, and no plugging in or charging hassle.
That said, once down to really cold temps, I plug in, gloves, jacket liner and insoles.

What insoles are you using?

That sounds very nice and comfy!

Depending on your hand size, I'm selling size Medium Velocity heated gloves with extra batteries for $200 all in. I think they're discontinued and went for like 299+tx without extra batteries.
I wear a large, and was hoping they would break it, they didn't, but they're really good for skating outside in the winter!
PM me for info.
I just use my leather gauntlets, but my lengthy leisurely riding stops below 5° and just turns to commutes and general transport as I can't drive.
#TTClife

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Heated grips work nice when you don’t plan for cooler weather. You find it cold, turn them on. Sometimes you don’t pack warmer gloves.

Downside has been mentioned, the other side of you hands never get the heat. So it’s a nice to have for cooler days but not for sustained cold weather riding.

I’ve got a pair of snowmobile gloves that keep my hands warm in just about any cold weathers I’m prepared to ride in. Down side is the bulk. But I don’t mind it really. You get used to it and ride.

I’ve got heated gloves that plug into my heated vest. Work great. Downside is plugging in and disconnecting when getting off. So it takes more time planning and setting up but, definitely the most comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heated grips, hand guards, a velocity (firedupx) battery vest with gloves and spare batteries for both. I also have a Gears genx3 heated jacket liner with with glove liners with controller for both. I don't like to be cold lol.
I love the firedupx stuff, it works really well.
Jimmy is still doing business by appointment only, I believe. Contact his email if you're interested.
jimmysingh@firedupx.com
Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pack a pair of nitrile gloves in your moto kit/knapsack/luggage. They are cheap, super light, pack down to nothing, will fit under almost all moto gloves because they are so thin and will help keep your hands warm for those days it gets colder or wetter than you thought. Your hands might get clammy, be uncomfortable, lose tactile feel of your bars/controls but I'd rather that than get frostnip on my fingers.

I always found those nitrile gloves made my fingers even colder.

First thing i do to a new bike to me is install Oxford heated grips, with a pair of decent gloves that aren't perforated I've never had an issue with the cold.

In summer months you travel with a mesh jacket, a regular liner and a wind breaker liner, regular gloves and mesh gloves and mesh pants and wear these with shorts or jeans underneath. In spring or fall you change out the regular liner for a heated one and add heated gloves and you have all temps covered. In extreme temps, early spring or late fall, you change out the mesh jacket and pants for non mesh and your covered as well. Layers, heated gear as required and solid vs. mesh means you'll stay comfortable throughout the season

Depending on your hand size, I'm selling size Medium Velocity heated gloves with extra batteries for $200 all in. I think they're discontinued and went for like 299+tx without extra batteries.
I wear a large, and was hoping they would break it, they didn't, but they're really good for skating outside in the winter!
PM me for info.
I just use my leather gauntlets, but my lengthy leisurely riding stops below 5° and just turns to commutes and general transport as I can't drive.
#TTClife

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I also wear large.

I think I might just get a better pair of gloves, some AlpineStar leather ones and wear some thin fall/winter type gloves under them.

The ones I have now are definitely strictly for summer and look like nothing more than pedal bike gloves with some extra protection on them.

if you're looking for something quick and affordable to get through the few weeks left OP
Tourmaster has some good waterproof gloves, truly waterproof, I have a pair
I know GP Bikes keeps decent stock on them, but it's a popular brand, can prolly get them anywhere
I recall them being ~ $70.....good at keeping wind and water out

What insoles are you using?

That sounds very nice and comfy!
Warm feet, oh yeah that's next level comfort. I think mine are Gears brand, were not expensive, the money was in getting another controller.

Warm feet, oh yeah that's next level comfort. I think mine are Gears brand, were not expensive, the money was in getting another controller.

Thanks. I've the vest for summer tours, and the jacket for days like today. 8 degree start, 20 degree finish.

b0bbfda907758b0b3a97f8347ad8ca0d.jpg

Camden Nova Scotia

Fog really puts a chill on me, and my feet are still cold. It's the weak link now.

After wearing winter gloves for years, then moving onto heated grips for years and now to heated gloves for years - there is no comparison - heated gloves win hands down. Heated grips are nice, for casual riding, but they only heat the palms and I have even had a grip melt away when touring in the cold, while the grips were on high heat for a long time.

Like ZX mentioned about the Velocity gloves, they are battery powered, well made, armoured and really comfortable. I have a few different pairs of heated gloves (Gerbings, First Gear and WarmnSafe), all of which hook up to the battery on my bike. They are good, but useful only on the bike, whereas the Velocity ones can be worn off the bike as well. I now also use the ultra thin heated glove liners which are good if you want to wear your regular moto gloves for protection, while still getting full hand heat from a glove. These liners are use the similar tech as the infra-red in the Firedupx ones, but these liners are much cheaper since they are liners only. They cost about $80/pair and also draw less power from the battery. They often go on sale, and so I picked mine up for around $50.
Link to those liners?
I have the firedupx armored ones, but they're very bulky I find on my twitchy sportbike throttle.
I wanted his liners, but that price tag is sky high.

Link to those liners?
I have the firedupx armored ones, but they're very bulky I find on my twitchy sportbike throttle.
I wanted his liners, but that price tag is sky high.
Essentially these ones:http://www.warmnsafe.com/heated-glove-liners-12v/
If my regular gloves are snug then these make it too tight, but I have older gloves that are worked in and a little loose, so these fit well underneath them.

Tourmaster heated liner with Tourmaster heated gloves that plug into the jacket, best money I have ever spent on riding since I can stretch the riding season and start earlier in spring.

Shane - really not an issue with liners with a plug to the motorcycle battery.

firstgear_heated_glove_liners_detail.jpg

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-heated-glove-liners

https://www.revzilla.com/product/firstgear-single-portable-heat-troller

They are thin and go under most gloves - I sometimes ride with them alone. The connector to the battery stays in place and the glove harness plugs in.
The harness loops through your jacket....I take one loop in the jacket hook to keep it in place.
I tucked the wire to the battery into the edge of the seat where it flips up to the tank. Easy access and tucks away when not in use.

Mac, I think you missed my earlier post - I often ride with those same glove liners right now. Have collected three pairs of heated gloves over the years, each for a different purpose. I like the glove liners quite a bit and just run them from my jacket liner as well which is more than enough heat.

When it comes to keeping your hands warm, don't underestimate the value of a good jacket and pants. I finally put the quilted liner in my jacket this morning and my hands were much warmer than yesterday, even though the temperature was several degrees colder. Humidity (or lack of same) may have also helped.

Back
Top Bottom