Fall colours yet? In Central Ontario? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fall colours yet? In Central Ontario?

Charlie-brm

Recently I've been to Muskoka as far north as Rosseau - just about all green landscapes with the exception of aspen dropping leaves. Nice, brown, slippery leaves under my boots and tires.

Last weekend, Rideau Lakes area - still green.

Last year someone posted pics of really good fall colours from around Bracebridge/Gravenhurst.

Any clues on when and where (specific roads) that's going to happen this year?

Beaver Valley, Blue Mountain, etcetera are within reach of me too for a half day run.

They used to run tour buses through Simcoe 52/Muskoka 6 i.e. Cooper's Falls Road & Housey's Rapids Road.

You get some nice overhang of the road, and lots of different varieties of trees through the area.

But be alert for buses, the roads were a little narrow and twisty in spots.

These shots are from Gatineau:
77FhCplm.jpg
Cw4SfGDm.jpg
n8OPKMqm.jpg

My Dad is from Emsdale, north of Huntsville, and says a lot of the leaves at his place are on the ground already.

This is the weekend to do it.

And here on the island the colours are peaking between this weekend and next.

e9dad7432f95fb877711bf23adae0cf0.jpg

I hope to be riding in Nova Scotia tomorrow to enjoy the colours.

12d7eb4c6165cf47f9be0960132bec00.jpg

Recently I've been to Muskoka as far north as Rosseau - just about all green landscapes with the exception of aspen dropping leaves. Nice, brown, slippery leaves under my boots and tires.

Last weekend, Rideau Lakes area - still green.

Last year someone posted pics of really good fall colours from around Bracebridge/Gravenhurst.

Any clues on when and where (specific roads) that's going to happen this year?

Beaver Valley, Blue Mountain, etcetera are within reach of me too for a half day run.
Some have. This is Huntsville.
680ac13005cf8c27ed7edae9d8236f8b.jpg

The wild temperature swings of the last few weeks are causing a lot of trees to just drop their leaves before the colour changes were completed. Algonquin for example missed a lot of it's vivid red phase and the trees are going bare in the yellow stage.

New Brunswick and Nova Scotia along Route 6 near Tatamagouche are a week away from peak.

The wild temperature swings of the last few weeks are causing a lot of trees to just drop their leaves before the colour changes were completed. Algonquin for example missed a lot of it's vivid red phase and the trees are going bare in the yellow stage.

I agree, the leafs are dropping yellow and some trees are already bare ... this year is quite different.

It's been a pretty disappointing year for leaf peepers. Very high temps in late September have resulted in muted Fall colors. Did Algonquin park (in a car 28N, 127N, 60W, 35S) last Tuesday and colors disappointing. Did a loop on Thursday (on the bike) of 56, 28S, 7W, 46N 504E and colors better. Plan another run next week.

Algonquin yesterday.
PA070058_zpsdsqauko9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom