Friday 13 this month | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friday 13 this month

Just got back. Weather was surprisingly good. Packed with people, bikes, etc. Never saw more 81 in one place, plus their puppet clubs. Good time had by all. The younger crowd seemed to be coming later, probably for the evening party.

Little bit of drizzle going in this morning . But going home as dry .

Yeah, we got drizzled on through Pickering and then again through Hamilton, but nothing much. Roads were quite wet around Hamilton/Oakville on the way back for me, looks like it rained pretty good at one point, but it was gone by the time I got there thankfully - really didn't want to suit up.

On another topic....did anyone notice how many bikes there had expired plate stickers? Lots of garage/trailer queens this year indeed. ;)

I got back about an hour and a half ago. It ended up being a group of 5 ... myself, JP0160, nakkers, The Bachelor, and one other whose username I've forgotten. It was misty and wet when I left home around 10:30 AM but it was dry past Milton. The devious backroads route was very quiet and we saw little traffic until right at Port Dover itself.

We wandered around for a couple hours (and lost track of nakkers! it's easy to lose people there) and went home mostly separately. Should have taken the backroads route ... highway 6 was backed up in a few places.

Aaand I have another winter project to do. Being stuck in traffic allowed me to confirm that my cbr125 has notchy steering. Time for new steering head bearings. (48,000 km on the bike)

I just got home now, I detoured through the city and made a few extra stops. The 5th guy was my father-in-law Jay, I don't think he's on this site. That was a great time, nice ride in and the traffic wasn't too terrible getting out. Sorry we lost you nakkers!

And I saw thong guy for the first time! That was a laugh for sure

Just got home,had a blast. Love seeing all the vintage bikes that still get ridden .You never know what's going to turn up there.Did anyone see Thong Man? I don't think he was there today.

Just got home,had a blast. Love seeing all the vintage bikes that still get ridden .You never know what's going to turn up there.Did anyone see Thong Man? I don't think he was there today.

Never saw him, but there was a cast of crazy characters there, plus those hipster bands playing their 1920s style music. One guy was acting the fool dancing to their music. Pretty hilarious. Had to be well over 100,000 people there. Can't believe the size of it.

@Brian P
@JP0160

Sorry gents. I had an emergency work thing and needed to find a quiet spot to make a few calls when we arrived. Lol. That was a challenge since cell service wasn’t the best and the obvious noise from everywhere.

I did walk the strip and stopped at a few vendors.

Returned to the parking spot and saw the bikes still there. But I decided to make my way home.

Thank you Brian for leading the ride from the hammer.

Both JP and yourself sure demonstrate you can have fun in small displacement bikes and can have lots of fun. Great scenery and the group size was perfect for navigating intersections and stops etc.

I’ll buy each of the group a beverage next time due to my ghosting on ya.

The ride home was pretty decent.

Saw lots of vintage iron. I didn’t snap any pics simply because my phone was on low battery and work was stressing me out and didn’t want a dead phone. Lol.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After wiping down my bike from the early morning rain to make it look nice and clean(saw alot of disgustingly dirty rides there yesterday :/), filled the tank, picked up my girlfriend and left Hamilton around 8:30. Hit Burger Barn on 4th line just off 6 for an amazing breakfast, I can't say enough about this place, including tip it only came to $28 for two people and we were both more than satisfied with our food and the service. I'm sure anybody travelling to or from dover on 6 couldn't miss the BB signs. We rolled into town around 10, and parked right on the corner where the car wash is on the main street. I forgot to take a picture of the street when it was full, but this was when we were leaving, around 4:30
2017-10-14%2009.57.34_zpstwcp0qzn.jpg

There was definitely a ton of people there, and despite GTAM's propensity for stereotyping, the crowd and the bikes were very diverse. As for the people, ofcourse the zebra lady was there, and we also did see the thong man, aswell as a naked man in an opaque rain suit lol, yeah quite the characters indeed. Yup, plenty of MC colors to be seen aswell, HA, RD, etc. There were, as the name suggests, far more 99% club members present than there were 1%. There was even a christian MC whose tent was directly beside HA and RD tents, from which a nice gentleman from MN led my girlfriend and I in a prayer and gave us cross key chains. The bikes on display were definitely WAAAY more diverse than some here would ever give credit for. New and old, Imperial and Metric, new bikes that looked old, and old bikes that looked new. From choppers to gixxers, mini bikes all the way up to couches on wheels, on the street that looked to be somewhat HA controlled, I even saw a bike that was converted to hold a wheelchair and that was really cool. While I had the only Phantom that I saw all day, it was far from rare to see metrics. For anyone who doubts the diversity, here's a picture that accidentally tells that story, in this sea of bikes, there were many more metrics than harleys.
20171013_103539_zpssd3ggfxs.jpg

Anyone recognize this one from the overpriced motorcycle for sale thread? lol I spotted it right away and had a good laugh(sorry about the crappy quality).
20171013_161516_zpsqzqakjpf.jpg

The real show stopper though, by far the coolest creation at the whole event was this, a hand built steam punk rat bike. Pictures really can't do this thing justice, because the more you study the bike, the more cool little details you pick out. Like an antique liquor bottle for a gas gauge. Or the air bag front springer suspension with adjustable wrenches for spindle mounts, etc. I wish I could have stared at this bike all day just to go over every detail, it was awesome to say the least.
2017-10-14%2009.58.24_zpsfpza8bph.jpg

So yeah, been there, done that, got the tshirt, the pin, the sticker, the patch lol and we will DEFINITELY do it again.

Last edited:
Very good picture of the steam punk bike. Even that dog is staring directly at it.

Myself and 3 friends went down, got a little rain on the way there not soaked. Here was the video of our leaving for those that would like to see it
[video=youtube_share;ToiBg-RBwM4]https://youtu.be/ToiBg-RBwM4[/video]

Nice Indian, gotta test ride one soon

Also where the hell is that camera mounted?

A few buddies I rode in with helped unload the steampunk bike off the trailer so I got a close up look then before there was any crowds around it. This was at about 8AM or so.

Neat indeed, but not sure it's actually rideable. Had no plate, I noticed that much.

And yeah, cellphone service goes right in the toilet when the crowds start to get big. Too many people crushing the already mediocre service out there. Last year even texting was barely functional, forget phone calls or data.

If anyone saw the PD13 calendar for sale with the Indian on the front, that's a buddy of mine.

indian.jpg

I've rode countless tens of thousands of K with him. Absolutely beautiful bike for sure, and it's been very reliable.

indian2.jpg

indian3.jpg

Also where the hell is that camera mounted?
Iirc it is on his crash bar.
If anyone saw the PD13 calendar for sale with the Indian on the front, that's a buddy of mine.

indian.jpg

I've rode countless tens of thousands of K with him. Absolutely beautiful bike for sure, and it's been very reliable.

indian2.jpg

indian3.jpg

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

indian.jpg

indian2.jpg

indian3.jpg

Stunning bike for sure

I totally understand people like checking out mods if that’s what they’re into. But for me I’d rather be riding my bike that looking at yours. No disrespect but I didn’t buy it to leave it parked. No mods necessary or considered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom