Friday 13 this month | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friday 13 this month

there is the second wave in the evening, those that have sorted out a place to stay over and vans loads with a DD show up and the few bars are packed.

I have to work in the morning, so the current plan is to meet one other rider plus anyone else who wants to join us at the Timmies/Wendys at Centennial Parkway and Mud St (south of Stoney Creek) at noon, and go to Dover via the back roads.

@Brian P you riding the little bike or the big bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little one this time. Trashed the tires on the zx10r at deals gap and haven't had time to deal with it.

I have to work in the morning, so the current plan is to meet one other rider plus anyone else who wants to join us at the Timmies/Wendys at Centennial Parkway and Mud St (south of Stoney Creek) at noon, and go to Dover via the back roads.
Might meet you there, my buddies are planning to leave earlier than I like and most likely blasting down the highway all the way there.

I used to go and park in the Timmies, because it was easier to get out from there, but you had to be there a wee bit early.

A big "**** you" to all the riders blasting high beams this morning enroute to Dover.

Oh, and those must be some magical sunglasses that work in the dark??

Last edited:
High Beams Save Lives? Try flashing them momentarily for a laugh. Haven't encountered a driver/rider that didn't become instantly angry when *they* couldn't see properly. Turkeys.

Gotta wear shades to stop the glare from the high beams. Get with the program!!!!

Lol. I’ve got a tinted visor and my headlight is pointed where ever I adjusted it to. Could be high, could be low. Lol. Kidding. Sorta. Not really.

Little one this time. Trashed the tires on the zx10r at deals gap and haven't had time to deal with it.

Gonna suck trying to keep up to you on my little pig. I’ve got a table and coffee.

Thinking to go after work like 6pm if I get some company. I am in North York. Does anybody want to go that time? Please text 647-521-0213.

How could could anyone who likes motorcycles not want to go? It's not all pirates, it's for motorcycle enthusiasts; there's a bit of everything. And the people watching is beyond compare.

Yes, it's crowded. I hate crowds too. Deal with it. It's a one day event.

If you plan your day properly, the crowds are not really an issue. I go early, and leave early. Park far from the main street and bring good walking shoes. Eat before and after. Simple.

What are you getting at with this post? Are you trying to encourage people who hate crowds and don't enjoy walking around to go to a place where there are crowds and lots of walking and gawking to do? Do you need other people to be there that badly?

I love everything about being on two-wheels, however; I enjoy riding them - not walking around them and talking to strangers and listening to their BS, misinformation and talking about their HD's that I'm not interested in. In 9 years of riding, I've also never gone to a meet at a Timmies. I'm about the ride, not the show.

And I hate crowds, so no, I won't deal with it - that day is better spent wrenching, or watching a motorcycle movie, or (imagine this) riding!

Gotta wear shades to stop the glare from the high beams. Get with the program!!!!

Lol. I’ve got a tinted visor and my headlight is pointed where ever I adjusted it to. Could be high, could be low. Lol. Kidding. Sorta. Not really.

lol.. no problem, I'm going to mount forward facing mirrors..

and wear this on the motorcycle...

rBVaGVXR7X6Ad72iAAEnkxYMMCA641.jpg

Last edited:
How could could anyone who likes motorcycles not want to go? It's not all pirates, it's for motorcycle enthusiasts; there's a bit of everything. And the people watching is beyond compare.

Yes, it's crowded. I hate crowds too. Deal with it. It's a one day event.

If you plan your day properly, the crowds are not really an issue. I go early, and leave early. Park far from the main street and bring good walking shoes. Eat before and after. Simple.

What are you getting at with this post? Are you trying to encourage people who hate crowds and don't enjoy walking around to go to a place where there are crowds and lots of walking and gawking to do? Do you need other people to be there that badly?

I love everything about being on two-wheels, however; I enjoy riding them - not walking around them and talking to strangers and listening to their BS, misinformation and talking about their HD's that I'm not interested in. In 9 years of riding, I've also never gone to a meet at a Timmies. I'm about the ride, not the show.

And I hate crowds, so no, I won't deal with it - that day is better spent wrenching, or watching a motorcycle movie, or (imagine this) riding!

@Kri$han

not very social are you ?????

that's too bad....

Been there and back. Decent turn out. A bit of drizzle leaving home and on the way back. There was a detour in Brantford. It looked like two bikes met by accident. Hopefully not too bad. Happy I went, happier to be home.

@Kri$han

not very social are you ?????

that's too bad....

This is incorrect - I'm an extrovert by nature, however years of socializing with bikers have led me to believe that most of them are bat-****.

The same is true for cyclists - cyclists tend to be more petty and cheap, and motorcyclists tend to be more chest pumping and douchey.

A big bunch of us left at 5AM and were in Dover at about 7:15 before the crunch started. Had breakfast, then did the usual gawking routine. A few neat bikes, some classics, some customs. Chatted with a bunch of people, bought a few token things, and departed around 12:30 to get back through Toronto before traffic was fully hosed.

Just some drizzle both ways, thankfully no rain. Surprisingly warm.

That'll probably be the last decent ride for me this season, shoulder surgery is scheduled in a few weeks and like it or not that'll be it for me for at least 2-4 months, even if the winter is an easy one and rideable.

Back
Top Bottom