Friday 13 this month | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friday 13 this month

The big red machine will be there. I'm sure they'd love to hear some pirate jokes.

the last 13th I went to in October, it snowed.

Iffy late-season weather plus people who have put their bikes away earlier makes for a Port Dover that I would go to. (I'm planning to, at the moment)

The summer ones are chaos - too much traffic, too many people.

The big blue machine will also be there, likely in larger numbers. They always get a good chuckle out of a pirate joke or two.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Iffy late-season weather plus people who have put their bikes away earlier makes for a Port Dover that I would go to. (I'm planning to, at the moment)

The summer ones are chaos - too much traffic, too many people.

May last year wasn't bad - about 30 minutes in traffic on Hwy6, and we didn't get there until around 11AM because of the rain.

For anyone thinking of going for the first time, don't be a ****** and try riding down the shoulder past the line because you think you're special. You'll make no friends amongst other riders to begin with, and the police were paying attention and giving them special attention they were seeking down the road.

I'll be there around 7-8AM this year if all goes as planned so traffic shouldn't be bad, and I agree...the temperatures will probably have most of the casual riders weeded out. A lot of people have already parked their bikes for the season.

I would have been one of those crazy guys there in January of this year had I not been in the Caribbean on a ship. ;)

I went for the first time in May last year.
It was raining but the forecast was for clearing later.
I pulled into town about 9:30 just as the rain stopped. I still had to park 3 streets away.
I walked up and down Main St. a couple of times.
The vendors were selling cheap HD accessories for top dollar and low quality tee shirts at prohibitive prices.
I managed to get a seat in a restaurant, had some breakfast and went home after about 90 minutes.
As the rain had stopped, there were hundreds of bikes coming into town as I was leaving.
My thoughts on Port Dover. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt...it shrank.

I agree there's a lot of overpriced kitch and junk, but that's typical of any big gathering no matter what it's based around. I did buy a few bits for my bike (a storage pocket thingie) from one guy there that amounted to a great deal but I skipped the Tshirts and junk. Best deal on food was at a BBQ shack next to the ice cream shop, had a pulled pork sandwich.

In the end it's not about the "stuff" really, it was about seeing all the different bikes - lots of great customs and some classics amongst the crowd.

.......In the end it's not about the "stuff" really, it was about seeing all the different bikes - lots of great customs and some classics amongst the crowd.

I agree. Its one thing to see them at a show. Its totally different seeing them on the road, knowing that they are actually ridden and not just trailered from show to show.

Maybe check the camping, lots of trailer queens just ridden into town and parked. Maybe the odd bus of pseudo pirates may arrive too!

I agree. Its one thing to see them at a show. Its totally different seeing them on the road, knowing that they are actually ridden and not just trailered from show to show.

Odometers tell no lies. ;)

I'm not a big fan of garage/trailer queens either, but if we're talking a serious custom I can respect the bike for what it is regardless.

The wannabes who own run of the mill bikes but only ride 500KM a year and trailer to the outskirts of Dover and ride the last 20KM, well, different story. They're usually easy to pick out in the groups though - duck walking everywhere, covered head to toe in shiny new gear that looks like it just left the dealerships sales floor 5 minutes ago, etc.

Last edited:
Odometers tell no lies. ;)

I'm not a big fan of garage/trailer queens either, but if we're talking a serious custom I can respect the bike for what it is regardless.

The wannabes who own run of the mill bikes but only ride 500KM a year and trailer to the outskirts of Dover and ride the last 20KM, well, different story. They're usually easy to pick out in the groups though - duck walking everywhere, covered head to toe in shiny new gear that looks like it just left the dealerships sales floor 5 minutes ago, etc.

I best kick my jacket and gloves in the dirt before I get down there!

The big blue machine will also be there, likely in larger numbers. They always get a good chuckle out of a pirate joke or two.

lmaf! dang ! split my coffee reading that! lol!

From dover take radical rd to port ryerse, front rd to lakeshore rd, out to port Burwell. Nice cruise along the lake. Check out the submarine, eat where there's less people. :)

went once. took longer to get in than it did to look around. It's a must if you like cruiser conventions though.

Friend and i have been talking about making the ride from North York after work.
If the sun is shining, I wish you luck. If the weather is half decent I'm told they have to call it full and start turning even bikes around by about noon. I'll likely be leaving Hamilton about 7ish, with a breakfast stop on the way(Burger Barn FTW). I booked the day off work, it may be the only time I do that just because it's my first one with a bike.

Won't be buying any of the overpriced HD stuff, probably will only buy the obligatory PD13 shirt.

Last edited:
Don't think they turn bikes away...you just park further away from downtown and have a longer walk.

Back
Top Bottom