Friday 13 this month | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friday 13 this month

Went last year for the first time since 1994.

Bigger. Expensive food. Surprisingly little in the way of any big vendors, but lots of interesting smaller ones. 81 presence. Lots of police as well. Everyone getting along without any drama whatsoever, so all cool.

I'm planning to go next Friday as well if the weather cooperates - I have surgery scheduled at the end of October that will be the end of the season for me (like it or not, regardless of the weather), so this is likely going to be the last decent ride for me.

I'll be there rain or shine.

I'm going with some friends. Not sure what time we're heading out yet. Not much talent among us for planning ahead.

We have 2 groups leaving, one at 5AM (To get across the city before traffic), and another at 9AM - to not freeze to death. ;)

The forecast at this point is for overnight lows in the 9-10c range...not that bad, so I'll probably be in the 5AM departure with a piping hot cup of coffee in my cup holder.

Tempting. Never been. Don't know if i can warrant it though

anyone going after work hours ?

Saw the pictures, looks like a pirate crowd, might not fit in

This I have never done.and ohhhh so tempting..but if I do miss this one, there is next year, it's in July, might be a bit warmer, unless it rains......

My experiences:

First time cold and rainy, large crowd but good time.

Second time, autumn, dry but cold. Bought PD-13 toques out of necessity. Good time

Third time: July and perfect weather. Got there early, before 9:00AM. By late morning I couldn't stand it anymore and left. Crazy lineups for everything. Packed like Walmart on Christmas Eve. Jostled whether you were standing still or moving.

I might go if the weather doesn't look too good. July was hell.

A couple of buddies and I are thinking of heading down, just to see, no real plans made though

Getting some new ink that day so have to pass.
Have fun and be safe to all planning on attending.

How could could anyone who likes motorcycles not want to go? It's not all pirates, it's for motorcycle enthusiasts; there's a bit of everything. And the people watching is beyond compare.

Yes, it's crowded. I hate crowds too. Deal with it. It's a one day event.

If you plan your day properly, the crowds are not really an issue. I go early, and leave early. Park far from the main street and bring good walking shoes. Eat before and after. Simple.

Back
Top Bottom