Mississauga Riders, where do you buy your parts? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mississauga Riders, where do you buy your parts?

Pikes

I just got my first bike, brand new Ninja 300 with ABS. I want to get rid of the stock fender and buy the Yoshimura fender eliminator kit. I also want to buy the M4 slip on exhaust. Where do you Sauga riders get your parts from? Do you get it from a dealership or is there a website where you purchase your parts online?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, new rider here with lots to learn!

Fortnine has the Yoshimura fender eliminator for Cdn $174.99 with free shipping.

Not sure if that’s the best deal but seems reasonable.

Have a look here......

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?176219-GTA-Motorcycle-Store-Shop-Directory

like any other shopping, you have to call and ask and see who has what and for what price, to ensure you get the best deal

Look for sales, specials, and plan on what you want to get, so that you are not rushed, but you have time to compare and then decide

I shopped around for my slip on, and got the best deal at Blue Streak Racing, they had the same price as all others, but free delivery, couldn't beat that, SaskBattery had similar pricing, but free delivery to my door was the clincher, Helmet was purchased from Germany, no one here had it, would have to wait weeks for it, and shipped to my door again was the best part, as was the price and availability

Do your due diligence......and have fun

If I need something OEM, then I go to Ready Powersports off Hensall Circle. Non stock parts I get from a variety of different places, sometimes riding out for a few hours and making a day of it.

Fortnine has the Yoshimura fender eliminator for Cdn $174.99 with free shipping.

Not sure if that’s the best deal but seems reasonable.
plenty of other brands that are cheaper and same build quality.

OP save your money. Just ride. Enjoy your 300. Worry about that stuff on your next bike. My $0.02

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Never buy a yosh fender elimator, buy some cheap $20 kit off Amazon literally the same thing

Never buy a yosh fender elimator, buy some cheap $20 kit off Amazon literally the same thing

This ^^

Take a look for yourself under the tail of the bike. Many of them you can literally get 2 small L brackets from Canadian Tire, spray them black and holes line up for your plate; I did that on my first bike and never had an issue. This bike the original owner used a piece of the OE whale tail to make one, can't tell it from a $180 'aftermarket'.

I think the aftermarket fender eliminator product segment is probably one of the biggest cash cows for these companies. Parts cost next to nothing to make, small shipping/inventory form factor and big return; nearly every bike has one.

Anyone who will spend $100+ on a fender eliminator PM me, I have some magic beans to make you go faster!

Edit: GP Bikes has no tax/sale event on right now as well; they will extend it onto anything you order from the catalogs as well.

If I need something OEM, then I go to Ready Powersports off Hensall Circle. Non stock parts I get from a variety of different places, sometimes riding out for a few hours and making a day of it.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is OEM? I bought my bike from Ready Powersports and was planning on getting my exhaust installed by them as well once it has shipped to me.

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer - basically stock parts.
Any parts made by someone other than the original manufacturer is considered aftermarket parts.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is OEM? I bought my bike from Ready Powersports and was planning on getting my exhaust installed by them as well once it has shipped to me.

Are you doing a full exhaust, or just a slip on.....either way you should be able to do this on your own....great way to get to be one with your bike and you have the whole winter ahead of you to do it.....

OP save your money. Just ride. Enjoy your 300. Worry about that stuff on your next bike. My $0.02

This

This!

Are you doing a full exhaust, or just a slip on.....either way you should be able to do this on your own....great way to get to be one with your bike and you have the whole winter ahead of you to do it.....

Don't forget, if you're changing up the exhaust, especially going full system, the air flow leaving your system will be changed. Fuel mapping set for OEM may not run properly with an aftermarket system, so now you're possibly looking at a $260 power commander and a dyno-tune.

Spending money on a bike is a slippery slope, and may not be worth it on a beginner bike that you may only keep for a few years.

Online from whereever is cheaper. Or Two Wheel Motorsport in Guelph because they give a discount to forum members.

One reason I don't shop locally is because literally nowhere carries parts for any vehicle I own locally. Even the BMW dealer has to order parts in for that as they seem to have next to nothing in stock.

Fender eliminators are way over priced, IMO. They seem to cost an awful lot for what is basically just a couple bent bits of sheet metal and some screws.

Fender eliminator I would order from Kapscomoto. No need to spend too much money on that.

As for exhaust - if you're just doing a slip-on, easily DIY. I order from Delkevic in the States. Good quality and about half price of what similar exhausts go for here. Unfortunately there's no Delkevic distributor in Canada.

Just my 2 cents but investing in a fender eliminator kit and slip-on on your first bike is not really worth it since you'll most likely upgrade your bike in the near future. You never get back what you put into your bike when it comes time to sell it. You're better off investing in a nice pair of Gore-Tex boots or a premium leather jacket which should last you for a very long time. If money is not an issue, then I recommend calling around the retailers in Mississauga and getting the best price. I find Riders Choice at Dixie and The Queensway has some of the better prices as long as you're willing to pay with cash or debit. Are you going to be installing the exhaust yourself or get a mechanic to do it? If it's the latter, it's better to ask your riding buddies who they recommend? Ask for labor rates. Negotiate a discount if you buy the exhaust and plan to have it installed at the same shop. Shops will be busy now with riders getting their bikes winterized and getting repairs done before the winter. If you wait until November or later, shops will be more willing to give you a discount on parts and labor.

Just my 2 cents but investing in a fender eliminator kit and slip-on on your first bike is not really worth it since you'll most likely upgrade your bike in the near future. You never get back what you put into your bike when it comes time to sell it. You're better off investing in a nice pair of Gore-Tex boots or a premium leather jacket which should last you for a very long time. If money is not an issue, then I recommend calling around the retailers in Mississauga and getting the best price. I find Riders Choice at Dixie and The Queensway has some of the better prices as long as you're willing to pay with cash or debit. Are you going to be installing the exhaust yourself or get a mechanic to do it? If it's the latter, it's better to ask your riding buddies who they recommend? Ask for labor rates. Negotiate a discount if you buy the exhaust and plan to have it installed at the same shop. Shops will be busy now with riders getting their bikes winterized and getting repairs done before the winter. If you wait until November or later, shops will be more willing to give you a discount on parts and labor.

Maybe it isn't a wise choice but it's still his choice. What if he puts 15,000km on his 300? What if he owns it for 5 years before "upgrading"?

Don't listen to people about not modding your first bike. If you are able to afford it go ahead and make your first bike awesome, but please try to get good prices as with any upgrade on ANY bike, you won't get much return when you sell.

I'm really going to miss the ride up to New Dundee from Brantford, all on the back roads once I left the 403 on the west of the Grand.

http://enews.twisted-throttle.net/q/AnC5c5jLHPzd_vhATyV6DbG_Igr13A-CmhfMX9B7WyHne3dQO7JdmShst

What's Next for Twisted Throttle Canada?

Dear customers and friends,

After nearly 12 months of tremendous growth in online sales — and our expanded inventory needs — we found ourselves rapidly running out of space in our New Dundee location. So, to better serve our customers throughout Canada, we're moving to a larger and more modern warehouse facility, where we'll focus on online sales and distribution. While we'll no longer have a traditional retail store, we plan to attend more motorcycle events in the coming year, to bring our showroom to you.

Our new facility is just 15 minutes from downtown Toronto, a location we chose for its accessibility to many of our customers. There will be an in-store pickup option for online orders available starting October 16, including same-day pickup. The new location and other details will be posted on our website by Monday.

This Saturday, October 14, marks the last day of business for our showroom in New Dundee. That means incredible deals on all the remaining inventory! Stop by to browse great prices on apparel, helmets, electronics, camping equipment, demo units, and more.

THANK YOU for supporting us over this past year! You are the reason we're growing so fast, and we truly appreciate your business. We look forward to continuing to help you outfit yourself and your motorcycle for many miles to come.

- The Twisted Canada Team

Back
Top Bottom