New to the Bike Scene (Need Help!) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to the Bike Scene (Need Help!)

If there's financing involved you are *required* to carry full coverage and prove it at the time of delivery.

It's not an option.

Yes, you could cancel it after the fact but it would be in breach of the financing agreement to start, and you would be 110% on the hook for the balance of the financing if you write it off or it's stolen or whatnot.

Thank you all!

I'm going to wait the 60 day waiting period for my M2 before getting the bike.
I came down to two bikes and I decided on just getting new to start with (don't roast me!).

2016 Ninja 300 ABS KRT edition new ($6100 walk out price).
2017 Honda CB300F ABS ($5081 Walkout price).
Was quoted ~$1800/yr full coverage, ~$1300/yr no collision. I asked the rep to send me an email of the quote so I can refer back to it once I'm ready.
I'm torn between fairing and naked I love both bikes equally.

I won't be going on the track or doing anything crazy. Will be using to commute and have fun (city and highway).
Any recommendation between the two?

less money and a year newer for Honda quality?
both ABS equipped
unless you're going to track the thing
a fairing is jewelry
no brainer, get the Honda

Last edited:
On the quote topic, take note that they're usually only valid for 30 days. Bet on it changing by the spring.

both ABS equipped
a fairing is jewelry

Is there a huge difference in power output, and highway riding?
Would like one that "feels" safe and stable on the highway.
I would get the naked but I've heard its not so great on the highway (CB300F).

On the quote topic, take note that they're usually only valid for 30 days. Bet on it changing by the spring.

That's what the rep told me over the phone as well. Hopefully the rates won't change too much by the time my M2 is up for grabs, which is in 1.5 months!

both ABS equipped
a fairing is jewelry

What Honda quality? All Big 4 Japanese bike manufacturers are about the same. Their small displacement vehicles are rarely manufactured in Japan anyhow.
My friend's brand new VFR800 spent almost half a year in a shop this year as they couldn't figure out what was causing an electric drain.

My opinion is that for the highway, Ninja will be a better bike due to having more power and a full fairing.

What Honda quality? All Big 4 Japanese bike manufacturers are about the same. Their small displacement vehicles are rarely manufactured in Japan anyhow.
My friend's brand new VFR800 spent almost half a year in a shop this year as they couldn't figure out what was causing an electric drain.

My opinion is that for the highway, Ninja will be a better bike due to having more power and a full fairing.

I went with the 2016 Ninja 300 ABS KRT Edition.
Walked out brand new for $6000 which seemed like a decent deal.
Anyone have recommendations for tank bags, tail bags and frame sliders for the '16 Ninja 300 ABS?

I went with the 2016 Ninja 300 ABS KRT Edition.
Walked out brand new for $6000 which seemed like a decent deal.
Anyone have recommendations for tank bags, tail bags and frame sliders for the '16 Ninja 300 ABS?
Congrats on the new bike. Heed the advice, but buy what it is you really want. Otherwise you will regret it picking the wrong bike to save a couple hundred dollars. The Ninja 300 is a great bike that you can ride for a long time.

the 4 Japanese manufactures lead the pack for initial quality ratings
reliability in following years
and cost of ownership

Yamaha and Honda swap places from time to time at #1
Kawasaki and Suzuki are statistically always 3 and 4
clearly second tier for quality, but ahead of the rest

last time I looked it up, HD was at #5, quite a gain

but that little Ninja has been around a long time and should be fine

congrats OP, great little bike

Last edited:
Yeah, your splitting hairs with the big 4

Cant really go wrong with any of them