What is an "Advanced Rider Training Certificate" for insurance discount purposes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is an "Advanced Rider Training Certificate" for insurance discount purposes?

Relax

What is an "Advanced Rider Training Certificate" for insurance discount purposes?

I was getting some online quotes and realized that having one can get me a $50 discount. This is the definition on the quoting site:[h=3]"Advanced Rider Training Certificate[/h][FONT=&quot]A motorcycle safety course designed for riders to advance motorcycle riding skills, and abilities on all types of motorcycles to ensure you know how to be safe in all riding situations."

Is this referring to the one you get from doing a standard training course, and if so, which one specifically? Or do they mean something like the advanced courses you take on a track, like FAST?

[/FONT]

Re: What is an "Advanced Rider Training Certificate" for insurance discount purposes?

Refers to one of the regular courses: mtohp, rti, any of the college programs etc

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Re: What is an "Advanced Rider Training Certificate" for insurance discount purposes?

I think usually both count, I know it came up once in a broker conversation and I asked him if my FAST degree counted, he said sure

Why not simply ask if Gearing Up program counts. That's the one that most places follow here for the M1 exit.
People can pass the M1X in first gear, and still not know how to shift, or when they do shift, they stall, weave or dump the clutch.

I would have suspected that they'd want something more like an Experienced Rider course, or M2 exit.

Thanks for the responses. Hopefully one of the insurance professionals that hang out here can answer definitively.

Funny thing is, I remember getting a certificate from Humber when I passed their course in the 80's, but lost it since I never had to use it. State Farm always gave me the best rates with or without it, but now that Certas has taken over, the rates have skyrocketed. So if I can save $50/year by (re)taking a course, I'd like to know what the minimum requirement is (M1 to M2, M2 exit, or FAST), and go with the cheapest. And if it's one of the first two, whether I can "challenge" the exam by skipping the classes.

Back
Top Bottom