2017_10_03 Dufferin and Finch GWS | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017_10_03 Dufferin and Finch GWS

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
GWS Rider and pedestrian.

http://www.cp24.com/news/female-ped...list-injured-after-north-york-crash-1.3618127

Kayla Goodfield, CP24.com
Published Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:38PM EDT
A female pedestrian and a male motorcyclist have been taken to hospital with injuries following a collision in North York on Tuesday night.
Emergency crews were called to the area of Dufferin Street and Finch Avenue at around 10 p.m. for reports of a crash involving a motorcyclist and a pedestrian.
The adult female pedestrian was taken to a trauma centre after the collision with life-threatening injuries.
As well, the male motorcyclist was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
The victims’ ages are not yet known.
Toronto police told CP24 that both of the victims were “on the ground at one point” after the crash.
Road closures have been implemented in the area to accommodate a police investigation

EDIT:
image.jpg

Officers at the scene said the adult female pedestrian was taken to a trauma centre with life-threatening injuries, but police tweeted after the crash that she was suffering from non-life-threatening injuries.
As well, the male motorcyclist was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.

Last edited:
GWS

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Buddy from my work. She ran in front of him to get to ttc bus he had green light. Lost control, shoulder broken in 3 places, collar bone, 6 broken ribs

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Buddy from my work. She ran in front of him to get to ttc bus he had green light. Lost control, shoulder broken in 3 places, collar bone, 6 broken ribs

10 breaks is minor injuries? Jeesh, reporting gets worse and worse. Wish your buddy the best for us.

Will do just glad wasnt worse.

Bad enough we have to worry about cagers running in front of us...now pedestrians?!

GWS Rider.

Bad enough we have to worry about cagers running in front of us...now pedestrians?!

GWS Rider.

Not to mention watch insurance treat this as single vehicle at fault, given no other cars were involved...

Not to mention watch insurance treat this as single vehicle at fault, given no other cars were involved...

Given that the pedestrian is so injured, it would seem like there was contact with her. That should make it the same hitting an animal running across the road no?

If LEOs ticket the pedestrian, ie. Jay walking, insurance will pay out on Not At Fault. I know of a rider that went down due to a pedestrian strike, and he had to really push for the LEOs to charge the pedestrian and follow up with the Insurance company.

Get well soon rider.

If LEOs ticket the pedestrian, ie. Jay walking, insurance will pay out on Not At Fault. I know of a rider that went down due to a pedestrian strike, and he had to really push for the LEOs to charge the pedestrian and follow up with the Insurance company.

Get well soon rider.

That was me a few years back. Same thing, jaywalking to a bus stop. She actually stopped to let me by, then dashed in front at the last second. I swerved to miss, but then she froze and my mirror just clipped her arm enough to loose balance and low side. Neither of us had any injuries, but the clutch cover was perforated and the bike bled out all over the road. Fortunately a passing fire truck stopped to help. Also helpful that there were several witnesses who came forward to support my story. Jaywalker also tried to leave the scene when the bus showed up, but the fire captain and I were able to stop the bus until she got off.

GWS rider! Seams that you can't turn on the news these days without hearing about another pedestrian being hit. Jaywalking is becoming an epidemic! I feel for the riders/drivers. With pedestrians, its always a case of guilty until proven innocent.

He is going to sue her has witness and also someone had camera shows he had green and her running in front of him

Back
Top Bottom